Intake+TB question.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Intake+TB question.

Post by cWs306 »

well my straight neck one along with the intake is just sitting on a shelf doing nothing. itll never see my car so name a price n you can have the whole shabang.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

The problem for me is I already have a polished, cleaned up straightneck(Put in some solid hours on that one :lol: )

I'll have to ask around for a price on the TB, they don't come up for sale often
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

well i took a gander around the net. id be cool with 60+shipping. whats your thought?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

My thoughts, as stupid as they may be would be,,,what ever you charge him I'll charge you for my curve neck TB. Now am I being stupid or what. :roll:
I believe this site is all about one hand washing the other. Cheers. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

well i just seen eeverything was 80+ and shipping too. so i thought 60 was fair. and id be more then happy to pay 60+shippin for ur curve neck tb.. its the last piece to my puzzle..
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm actually considering using my KL01 TB, the mating surfaces lineup perfectly and I already spent time cleaning it up oh so nicely last year... Shocking to me, I thought it'd be a mis-match. I believe the IAC is the only difference that I have to work around.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
davmac

Post by davmac »

The mod necessary to deal with the KL03 IAC (from KLDE TB) can be found at this link. The issue is the large vacuum port on the IAC. Routing it to the PCV line seems to do the trick.

I don't want to discourage any trades because mating the curved neck with a proper curved neck TB is a nice thing.
I will confirm that the KLDE TB (KL01 or 02) will definitely mate with the curved neck manifold. Just use the gasket for the throttle body (KL01-02 is more square while the curved neck manifold offers a pentagon shape).

I'm using a bored KLDE throttle body with the KLG4 mainifold which also offers the pentagon shape and have no problems making a nice vacuum tight seal using the KLDE TB. I just used the square TB gasket.

If you're lucky enough to have a KLZE IAC you can use that with the KLDE TB - but you have to drill a couple holes in the TB. The issue if you don't is you won't have fast idle at initial startup. More info on that mod is at this link.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”