Lynchz GS - Stupid Grin

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Lynchz GS

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Updates?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
SgtLynch
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by SgtLynch »

Lots of 'coming soon' updates actually. I've been stockpiling stuff over the winter and just started working on it the past few nice days.

Stuff I have:
CF front splitter
CF Diffuser (made it)
stripped the interior... no radio, no heater, no back seat, nothing that doesn't make the car go.
NRG lightweight racing seats
Hydralic Emerg brake
Aluminum Rad
Brakes

Stuff to make
CF door pannels/dash/console
CF Skirts
CF undertray
Rollcage

Stuff I need to get
CF Hood... friggin Deft has taken 2 weeks after three e-mails and still hasn't sent me a shipping quote to Canada. Can't find another source for an 'inavader' hood. It's a heat extraction hood... no idea why they call it that.

Stuff I need to decide on:
What series/class the car can be competitive in - dictates roll cage/some mods/
Motor - leaning towards a 4banger turbo especially if they made an aluminum block version. I'm not a mechanic - swapping motors is somewhat intimidating in this thing. I miss my Mustang for this reason alone.
All wheel drive - it's been done, makes the most sense for road racing, highly doubt I could do it without allot of help.
ECU - thinking haltech - I can run Motec off it (telemetry is always a good thing)
Rims - can't find light rims that look hot on this car for the life of me.

I'll post pics when something substantial happens.

I have a bunch of stuff for sale, but can't post in the For Sale area. GAH!
Last edited by SgtLynch on March 24th, 2012, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Oh yeah - the suspention.. done. I've got this nicely dialed in except for swaybars. I need something thicker then what I'm using, probably have to make some.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Welcome back from the dead. Holy sh*t, you're going all out. What's the hydro ebrake for? Are you gonna drift??? Lol.
I definitely want to see those CF parts!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

I'm applying what worked on the Mustang as much as possible. The MX3 is way better around corners out of the box then the mustang but I'm sure it'll require allot of tweeking. The Ebrake is for diving into hairpins and getting the car to turn fast, I call it the kamikazi stick. The hydralic Ebrake locks both rears, not just one like the stock unit, and it takes no effort on the handle.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

You have to PM one of the mods to get access to posting to the FS section.

Nice car, some nice stuff you're doing to it, I want pictures hahaha
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Some work update pics... nothing too terrrifying yet.

Hydralic E-Brake in... interior out.

New Strut Brace.. old V6.

Who knew an MX-3 had 800cubic ft of cargo space!
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Finally landed a hood. Kinda cool as it's a Euro hood so the CF is different then what you would normally see in North America... the weave has more strands and is a bit darker, from a distance, it looks black, the picture shows it alot more silvery then it really is. Nice shape and got it cheap.

Took about 3hrs to get the gaps right & get the Aerocatch pins in.

Next on the to-do list is to fill the holes for the licence plate and repaint the nose, fix the nice keyjob on the passenger door. Then pull a mold off a great front lip I got, mod it to be about 1/2" longer and pull a CF front lip I can mount my splitter on.

Motor desisions still looming.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

nice hood, i love the invaders =)
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Decent pic showing the new e-brake in the console. Had to cut an access hole out the back of it for the hardlines but since I don't have a backseat anymore... who cares! Otherwise it's a tidy fit. Baby seat and racing helmet are optional.

SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

NRG Lightweight seats... roll cage is somewhere in the near future, so factory seatbelts for now.

Low-tech Brakelight

Piggy back ECU/Telemetry

Lots of CF stuff in the works.
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Wow great interior touches. How well does the new e-brake work?
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

AaronTietje wrote:Wow great interior touches. How well does the new e-brake work?
It's smooth, effortless. I can lock the rear tires at will, not that I do. I gave it a whirl in a parking lot and the car swapped ends almost. I had to heave on the stock e-brake and never got the same effect. If you want to go WRC you can swap the handle to stick straight up. In all honesty... not sure I'll need it, the car handles well, but I'm undecided on what powerplant I'm going to swap in here, and how much power I'm going to be making so it's there if I need it to help turn the car... and well, it's just pimp.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i gotta see the setup for the ebrake its just too nice.

where'd you pick up the seats? are they on tracks? hows the head room? i'm having a hell of a time getting headroom with my current seats.

what ecu are you using?
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

mx3matt wrote:i gotta see the setup for the ebrake its just too nice.

where'd you pick up the seats? are they on tracks? hows the head room? i'm having a hell of a time getting headroom with my current seats.

what ecu are you using?
Seats I got locally, last pair... paid $300 for the pair. They are solid mounted on Planted MX3 brackets. Headroom is the same as stock. But since it's a solid back seat with side support you have to climb into them.

Ebrake is easy... the one I got needed a bit of bracket modding to fit where I wanted it. another $25 at Canadian tire got me all the brake line and three way taps to finish it off. the b---- is you have to re-bleed the rear brakes and it's a bit of a mess because the hydraulic cylinder doesn't have a reservoir, so you fill it with fluid.. bleed, repeat... fluid all over the place. But, yank on that handle and it's guaranteed moonshine 180. :freak:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”