Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ray carpart4u

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by ray carpart4u »

Flyer wrote:
ray carpart4u wrote:
onlytrueromeo wrote:So what does the HID Kit come with - ballasts and lights? or just lights? I am not interested in using 6000 or 8000k but would rather have 4100-4300k, which has the highest output. Would I have to buy my own ballasts and rewire w/ the normal light? Would it be easiest to buy the HID Kit and replace the lights w/ my own bulb?

Also, how hard is it to take off the plastic lens? I know myself, and others, are interested in taking these lights apart, removing the LEDS and smoothing it out so that it looks cleaner.
hid kit come with ballast and bulb, you can swap the bulb by yourself but i think any other aftermarket HID bulb will not fit since ours are special made. 6k is pretty bright and clean like a blueish white. the plastic is pretty hard to take off since is properly sealed. and if you open it it might have moisture issue in the future, just FYI.

-Ray
I thought you were using the H1 bulbs for the HID kit...
yes, H1, i mean you can change any colors of H1 bulb, but we only carry the 6k/8k
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

1.colinf004 (black , HID) pending 6k or 8k HID.
2.boosted_bullet (chrome, No HID)
3.rekognize (black, 6K HID)
4.colinsmx3(black)
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

colinsmx3 wrote:ME COUNT ME IN!! BLACK ONES!! NO HID KIT!! WHEN CAN I GET THEM I GOT MONEY NOW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I ALWAYS HAD FAITH IN YOU!!

TAKE THAT SOLO_RYDER!! :lol:
:lol: solo and his jdm+hid!!
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

well mark me down for a black set, not sure if i want hid yet. just curious why the black cost more than the chrome, would it not cost more to chrome them? can you post a pick up with the black ones installed on a car (white car if possible :) ) thanks. oh and is shipping the same to Canada.
1993 White gs klze.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Would I be able to use an aftermarket H1 or H4 ballast w/ these lights then? If I were to not get the HID kit, would it be any different to convert the kit myself than stock headlights? If you can't answer the last question, I understand :) but I would like to know if its feasible and how much work is involved to convert it myself. I understand I would have to buy all the stuff separate, and probably do some wiring, but I just want to know if things will fit! I know 6000k is OK, but I would prefer to have more of a white light, like sunlight.

What wattage are the bulbs you use? 35 or 50? I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to put a 50w bulb in place of a 35w, would I?
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

OK now my interest is back :D ! Count me in for the black ones with HID
Not sure if i should get 6k or 8k tho...which ever one has a more bluish look.
And i also don;t care about DRLs, mine never had it before.
thanks
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

Dali wrote:well mark me down for a black set, not sure if i want hid yet. just curious why the black cost more than the chrome, would it not cost more to chrome them? can you post a pick up with the black ones installed on a car (white car if possible :) ) thanks. oh and is shipping the same to Canada.
black is something different from the stock one, it cost more to paint it black inside, i am not sure why but the pricing is higher for the black one from the manufacture.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

you would not be able to run the halo/led's as dtrl in canada, you need a actual light. as for the hid kit, they do make some with dtrl, they basically have a 2 step voltage to them, just like low and high beams.
1993 White gs klze.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

1 more question! Are the halo's wired separately from the LEDs or do they tie together before they come out of the casing? I ask because I may be interested in converting the LEDS to a blinker if I cannot remove them.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Would I be able to use an aftermarket H1 or H4 ballast w/ these lights then? If I were to not get the HID kit, would it be any different to convert the kit myself than stock headlights? If you can't answer the last question, I understand :) but I would like to know if its feasible and how much work is involved to convert it myself. I understand I would have to buy all the stuff separate, and probably do some wiring, but I just want to know if things will fit! I know 6000k is OK, but I would prefer to have more of a white light, like sunlight.

What wattage are the bulbs you use? 35 or 50? I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to put a 50w bulb in place of a 35w, would I?
35 watt. the ballast should be the same all over the world, there are no size for the ballast but the bulb. if you already have HID you might need a H1 6k/8k bulb from me to be able to use in the projector.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm a little concerned about the HID option.
Are you using a different lens than for the halogen light kits?
What brandname HID kit are you intending to use?

With more information, I am likely in for a black set with HID, if the groupbuy is run off a reputable website with a discount code available to those interested, and once the moderators group buy rules are satisfied.
Cody
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Dali wrote:you would not be able to run the halo/led's as dtrl in canada, you need a actual light. as for the hid kit, they do make some with dtrl, they basically have a 2 step voltage to them, just like low and high beams.
I don't see why the signal lights can't be modified to act as drl.
Cody
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

onlytrueromeo wrote:1 more question! Are the halo's wired separately from the LEDs or do they tie together before they come out of the casing? I ask because I may be interested in converting the LEDS to a blinker if I cannot remove them.
each halo has 2 wires (red and black) so 2 halo for 4 wires and 2 wires for 3 LEDs.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Dali wrote:you would not be able to run the halo/led's as dtrl in canada, you need a actual light. as for the hid kit, they do make some with dtrl, they basically have a 2 step voltage to them, just like low and high beams.
The LEDs may be used as DRLs. If that were not the case, the new Audi A4 and R8 would not be on the roads.

Although I was looking into using the dead space in the turn signals to be on at all times and cut the power to the turn signals so they only come on when you are signalling...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
ray carpart4u

Post by ray carpart4u »

tehbrookzorz wrote:I'm a little concerned about the HID option.
Are you using a different lens than for the halogen light kits?
What brandname HID kit are you intending to use?

With more information, I am likely in for a black set with HID, if the groupbuy is run off a reputable website with a discount code available to those interested, and once the moderators group buy rules are satisfied.
the lens are same, the brand be using will called the Xtune which is straight coming from the light company sonar as well. We will have it on the website as well later on but since it is new product, the website sale will most likely after the group buy. It is a benefit for you guys since they will be out for the MX3 forum owner first before selling to the public, but if you are worry i can set it up earlier to the website so some of you guys can purchase via the website as well. Price will be different from the forum to the website. And i will double check with the admin about the group buy once there are enough people interested.

1.colinf004 (black , HID) pending 6k or 8k HID.
2.boosted_bullet (chrome, No HID)
3.rekognize (black, 6K HID)
4.colinsmx3(black)
5.Dali(black)
6.taylor_matt (black , 8K HID)

-Ray

Return to “Appearance”