Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
tehbrookzorz

Re: Honda

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I agree that the Honda forums are flooded with less polite, less knowledgeable people than generally peruse our boards. I've seen it first hand. Heck, there's even a difference in attitude between the probetalk community and ours (not that I don't like probetalk).

Figured I'd throw a couple pics up. What my old fourth gen Civic looked like back in 2004 before I got handy with the spraybomb. I've also photoshopped an idea of how it looked when the timing belt broke and I sold it. The last picture is what I wanted it to look like.

Last edited by tehbrookzorz on October 12th, 2008, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cody
Alohaman

Post by Alohaman »

Haha, I've seen many of the kidlets who think their Honda is the fastest thing on the planet. They are quick little cars, thanks to their power to weight ratios, but my mom's '07 Impala, stock, a family car, could leave them in the dust with little to no effort lol. Who cares anyhow? They're great daily drivers that are super reliable, get great mileage and have just enough juice for smooth highway driving. I just bought a '91 Acura Integra myself for daily driving, and I think it's a great car.

Any car can be "riced," I've came across models from every continent that have been turned into cheap looking knock-offs rather than something clean and sweet looking. I've seen bad looking Honda's and good looking ones, it all depends on the owner. But it's all in my opinion on whether it's bad looking or good looking, since I have a different point of view.

It's probably the fanbase that can be the most annoying. It's like dealing with Nintendo fanboys. They think they're right and nothing you can say, no matter how logical or intelligent, will change their minds.

I really don't care what people drive or what they think about what I drive, to be honest. My project car, or my former daily driver, a.k.a. my Chevette, gets bad mouthed by all these kids with their Honda's a lot (on the plus side, the older car guys at shows love it lol) due to its low horsepower/tank-like weight. I on the other hand, enjoy driving it a lot. It has parts from all over the world, making it an international car of sorts, not unlike Moonegg's "Slow" car. It just goes to show, if you like what you drive, you shouldn't care what others think. Frankly I also believe that just because you don't like another's car, doesn't mean you should go out of your way to put it down because it's not to your personal tastes. If the owner likes it, then that's good, because that's the only person's opinion that matters when it comes to the car.
New Daily Driver: 1991 Acura Integra LS

Project Car: 1984 Chevrolet Chevette CS
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Bro ... To sum it all up. It's just like being in school. You always have the different groups. In school, you got the jocks, groupies,skaters... etc...
People with cars are the same way, well most of them. For alot of these kids out there, it's just a phase. Here's me and my bro's saying... "It's not a hobby, It's a Culture"
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Oh
My
Gopher.

Tha secocnd car there? On the previous page? The brown/green with bronze rims? That car is EXACTLY at my school. Same colour, same wheels, same kit, same.... wow.

Thats freaky. But the building behind it isn't in my town, and he doesn't have those seats or whatever that is in the rear windows.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

does anyone else see the "similarities" between our mx3's and del sol's? (body)
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I think we all see that. Matter of fact, there was a guy that made his rear hatch look like the del sol's.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ryan wrote:Oh
My
Gopher.

Tha secocnd car there? On the previous page? The brown/green with bronze rims? That car is EXACTLY at my school. Same colour, same wheels, same kit, same.... wow.

Thats freaky. But the building behind it isn't in my town, and he doesn't have those seats or whatever that is in the rear windows.
Does that prove my point haha
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

It's all the people in my opinion. I own a 9i civic SI hatchback with and LS vtec swap. I do hand a lot of people's ego to them I have had mine handed to me as well. Do I think I am the fastest thing out there? In no way would i think that. I built this car in just a few weeks to get a better feel for tuning (I have massive amounts of friends into hondas, hence the availability for getting the parts together quick). It's a very decent car and in better shape than most but I like the mx-3 better because it's different. I'll get rid of the civic way before i will the mazda even tho I have more money in it. But you are right about the forums. The mentality of the people is leaves me nothinf short of awe struck and dumbfounded. I have no way of understanding how they can operate a forum like those. So it only leaves one thing to be said........... Mx-3's, and mx-3.com, and the forums members and moderators ROCK....

ok... enough kiss assin
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
Mikitu

Post by Mikitu »

I've owned a civic (eg).

- Good hp with small engine
- Pretty light and easy to drive
- Great MPG
- Getting parts and aftermarket is supereasy (mx3 is a nightmare)
- The most reliable car i've seen (mine was underwater after a flood, i opened the door the water rushed out, i turned on the ignition and gone home, it just runs... always!)

I loved it! Until some fool stole it and sent it to honda heaven.
That being said, as mentioned here before, they sound... diferent :lol:
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

i would prefer the styleing & performance of my mx-3 over a civic anyday(i do like them)
like pretty much everyone else says mx-3's are far less common
but we do what they do with less aftermarket support! go us!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I get a different reaction from Hondaboys. They never flex on me, and when I nod at them while they're staring at my car, they just loo blankly, or look away. Before I had the wheel covers on, they'd try to race me once in a while, but they haven't since then. However, when they drive by my house, they often rev.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmm only 2 weeks after I installed my turbo... no honda boys will wanna race me.(at the legal drags)

they heard that i smoked the crap out of their buddies evo..

oh well...
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Hec, Keep eatin em up bro. haha
Where's my vids? you know I'm wantin em!
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

hgallegos915 wrote:hmmm only 2 weeks after I installed my turbo... no honda boys will wanna race me.(at the legal drags)

they heard that i smoked the crap out of their buddies evo..

oh well...
Sounds doubtful. Maybe it was just a Lancer. Your car on 5psi is nowhere near the level of a stock EVO at a strip. My car makes 308whp and it barely edges out stock EVOs because of that AWD launch. Now if you're talking about you smoked him on the highway in a non legal street race then this story might be believable because I put buslengths on them on the highway, but I still dont buy it. You love taking videos at the track, "smoke" him again and post it up.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i have a honda motocross bike and i swear by them for that side of me..... i also think honda makes some pretty bad-a-- street bikes too. they also own in the lawn care and generator department.

honda is a great company. if mx3's were that popular to be riced out then we would all be here saying how our civics are so much cooler then mx3's.

besides civics are old the nissan 240 is the new civic (i think nissan 240's are sick tho...)
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!

Return to “Off-Topic”