zzzoomx3's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
zzzoomx3

Re: zzzoomx3's mx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

yes - the decals didnt come off the way i thought they would - i'm deciding if i'm going to get some more aesthetically pleasing ones or just go without - depends on what my body graphic turns out to be - as far as the lights - i've had ZERO issues with the cops - they may be a problem where you are but not here in Dallas...i've driven right beside cops before and have even been pulled over for other issues - and no one has said a word about them in the last 6 months they've been lit up (knock on wood) :)
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

yeah i actually walked up to a cop in his car and went to the station to ask about having lights on the car and they said you could have any color you want, just so long as they're not flashing. but then again, thats kansas.

hey zzzoomx3 some body kits from ebay (i know...its ebay) mix n match body kits. i got mine thru an ebay seller and they said to just send them the list of what i wanted and they'd get it for me for the same price...and then i got z3 fenders for an extra 70 bucks.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

yeah - i know the ebay kits are just the same as any other kit - but they are too expensive, compared to those other 2 sites i found - when the time gets closer i will see about doing a mix-n-match.

cops here in Dallas have bigger things to worry about - but even as i live in a suburb (farmers branch) - they dont say anything either - which is surprising, but thankfully so.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - i finally finished my 'custom' exhaust. i bought all the pieces from autozone except for the straight pipe to replace my CAT. its 2.5" all the way back, and it hangs REALLY low for the moment - i didnt get enough hanging brackets, but will be getting a few more today. believe iot or not it doesnt scrape the ground like it looks like it would - only when i'm driving fast over really rough road, but i like the way i was able to piece it together, like an erector set - so i can change it or shorten it whenever i want for track or daily driving...here are some pics....

94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

dang that IS low!! but i want one!!!
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

:D - thanks! yeah its cool and loud! :D just the way i like it...and it only cost me about $40 and 30 minutes to put it together and install it. the muffler i got off eBay for about $50 (incl. shipping)
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

no way!!! I WANT ONE!!! can you send me a link or something?! thats an insanely great price! you'll have to lemme know how the quality of it is too tho.
i cant beleive that. i was on there all week and couldn't find one under 150!!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

no link bro - i went to autozone and pieced it all together from what they had, here it what i used...

2 - 2'/2.5" Straight Pieces - $5.99/each
3 - 2.5" Bends - $5.99/each
5 - 2.5" C-Clamps - $2.99/each
2 - Exhaust hangers - $2.99/each
1 - High Flow Straight Pipe (from eBay) - $45.98
Hyper 3 Muffler (from eBay) - $35.00

Total - $132
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

right on!!! i'll probably do that next week if i can. well maybe in two weeks. next week i'm gettin the valve cover for my bp...damn the ford logo!
i'll trust ur memory and measurements and try to get the exact same setup!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

lol - well i'll trust them too - considering i just did all this last night :P
the c-clamps dont line up with the factory exhaust hangers so i'm going to buy an additional c-clamp and hanger to lift up the middle area some more...right now, i just have one hanger installed near the muffler - mostly to keep it off the suspension - but obviously it takes more than one...if you need any help just let me know - should i post a worklog on this??
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

definitely post a work log...on everything you're doing, cause i really like it all! i really love your style...so far lol.
but yeah a worklog would be very helpful
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

right on - thank you - i'll work on one this weekend
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

zzzoomx3 wrote:no link bro - i went to autozone and pieced it all together from what they had, here it what i used...

2 - 2'/2.5" Straight Pieces - $5.99/each
3 - 2.5" Bends - $5.99/each
5 - 2.5" C-Clamps - $2.99/each
2 - Exhaust hangers - $2.99/each
1 - High Flow Straight Pipe (from eBay) - $45.98
Hyper 3 Muffler (from eBay) - $35.00

Total - $132
wow this is pretty amazing... and you put it all together yourself? you just jacked the car up??
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thank you, but it wasn't exactly rocket science. yup, i put most of together in the living room and then just jacked her up and installed it, putting the bends on while under the car, so i could get the angles right - no welding required either - which was the best part. :D after all was done, i could really tell the difference in HP from what i had previously, which was just the cat with an exhaust tip..LOL the only reason i had that going on was because i was waiting for the muffler and straight pipe to come in...

the only thing left to do is get the muffler out, under the bumper - right now it site right behind the bumper - though i really like the 'stealth' of a hidden muffler, i'll have to include the additional bends for you guys who might not want the stealth look...i'll post a pic up in a few...
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

here are some more pics of the exhaust:

Image:
as you can see here, it sits high up into the framework, just above the suspension

Image:
this is where i put the mounting bracket

Image:
just another view of the exhaust

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”