Im done

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

The issue isn't really boosting the brake booster, it's not providing the appropriate vacuum to the booster when necessary (braking). Think about this: When do you hit the brakes? When your foot is off the accelerator. When do you boost? When your foot is on the accelerator. Therefore, brake booster will not have a problem drawing vacuum when braking is necessary.

Moral of the story: Do not brake while boosting
T61 powered KLZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

At this point im just pissed off at my car... when i hit the brake it surges, already reset tps, no vac leaks anywhere... basically .. its the shitty tune i got.

Now that im mad, i will start to install megasquirt. Any heads up?

Its the one from the group buy @ probetalk.

Ill be using an iat sensor (the vaf is giving me s---)

other than that.. its plug and play... any tips before i start? yes I will make sure i dont short it lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

you said plug and play??? does that mean it comes with a harness? or does it plugs in where the stock computer plugs in?

I want one. where can I get it?

thanks

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

it was a bulk buy and i think its ended. it is plug and play tapped to the harness as a piggy back. check out probetalk, theres some people wanting to sell their spots. He said he wont be making another bulk buy and this was the last one he did.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
!vtec-this!

Post by !vtec-this! »

se7en wrote:you said plug and play??? does that mean it comes with a harness? or does it plugs in where the stock computer plugs in?

I want one. where can I get it?

thanks

"Plug and play" I wish lol.

It requires a fair amount of splicing an wiring
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=77496445
My Car: Mazda MX-3 v6
14.5 @97mph
2.328 60ft....still more room for improvement
Only 165whp
Now boosted & New #'s to come
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well yeah plug and play and splice lol shadome from protalk did a very good job, he color labe;ed the harness and all you do is match it.
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok an update. I was able to kidna run it right...

at idle ill be like at 12 , at cruising ill be like at 14 and under boost ill be around 11.2 - 11.9 NICE

its a HUGE power difference..

Now why was i running crappy? well the fmu wasnt even connected to boost/vac.. and my afpr was set to like 50 psi!

Ok.. connected the fmu.. and it went WAY rich.. 10 at idle and 10 under boost..

I lowered the afpr to 30.. still ran a bit rich at idle.. wtf..

i know .. but well..

lowered to like 15 psi at idle and it idles perfect. Cruises perfect.

Apparently the millenia s injectors make a HUGE difference.. i wonder what the afs would be if the stockfpr was there...isnt that like 35 psi or something?

anywho like i said, the wideband reads nice and rich under boost, nice and lean under regular cruise (not to lean or rich) an at idle its sorta there. My fuel mileage went from like 12 - 15 mog to around 20 -22 mph.

The car will no longer idle fluctiate.

Clutch does not slip at all under normal driving conditions, under boost it will a bit.

I got a replacement act clutch now :D

ill try to make a vid in the weekend.
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

good to hear! congrats on the successful install.

I am still waiting on my turbo pipes :(

damn eBoob.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

lol the turbo is still bad, it leaks oil. and smokes.

I did a compression test to be sure

here are results.

1:120
2:110
3:120
4:120
5:120
6:115

warm compression test.

engine has around 50 k miles oil change every 2500 miles.

The turbo has some oil in it// bleh/

lol its an ebay turbo btw.

started to save for a good one.
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

isn't 120psi compression a bit low? like half?

have you lowered your compression? or are you running a big set of cams?

seems wierd.

My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you know what i just checked.. and i didnt do it right..

how many times are we supposed to crank the engine ?

i let it crank one time . when i let it crank 4 times i get 150.. i was reading isnt it supposed to be like 120? ill re do it tomorrow.
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, when I do it at work on the running stand, we crank it over until it reaches the highest number.

btw: 115-120 after only one crank, that is really good. must be nice to have a perfect engine!
My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok i did the correct cpmression test
9 cranks eack

1 : 180
2: 180
3: 170
4: 179
5:180
6:180

it seems we got ourselfs a millenia de

and yeah the turbo seals are at it again...

wow i kidna wanted a hybrid de.. and i got it..

pretty impressive how it did against other cars tho!!
-hec

se7en

Post by se7en »

hey hec, did your up pipe not line up very good? mine puts the turbo inlet too low, so it rubs on the frame. :(

should I just bend it up with a huge bar or something?

I will look into it tomorrow I guess.

At least the headers are on, and the one fan is out, and the up pipe is bolted on for now!!!!

almost done!!!!

My Feedback
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

my turbo pipes fit like a glove. Only thing i had to do is bang the pipes a bit but other than that it fit perfect.
-hec

Return to “Forced Induction”