Kirk95gs - 1995 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: Kirk95gs - black 95 mx-3

Post by Kirk95gs »

I can't wait to have this done.. not only for the fun off it.. but my shop is a mess!!

mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Looks good man..I am debating on polishing my manifold for my new engine. But its way to much work!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

thanks man..

I only polished half of the intake.. I was going to do it all but it took so loooonnnngggg just to do that.... i'm in the middle of porting my kl1a1/101 heads and thats just about got me going crazy.... almost there though.. another week or so and I'll have the motor in..

Then its putting the new bumper and sides on.. :roll:
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

what bumper and sides do you have??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

mx3autozam wrote:what bumper and sides do you have??
Mazdaspeed

I have had them for over a year now too.. haha.. never enough time to do anything.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I installed my owtlaw spacers for the intake.. While I was putting them on I realized how much of a difference was between the kl31 heads vs the kl01's.... So sence I already am at the end of the budget for motor work.... I decided to do a little port matching of my own....

So using the gasket as a template I traced out the port size.. Then used my dremil and blended the edge of the top of the head into the oval ports.. I know it is not really port matching.. but atleast it will flow a little better..

You might be able to see it in the pic below.

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I got the intake back on the motor. along with the v/c's..

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I pulled out the K8 yesterday after work and got it on the stand to steal some parts off it...

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

My motor mounts were in great shape. Other then the rear mount. It was pooped. I was going to use AWR
Mounts but I ran into some money issues this month. My 12 week old Golden Retriever pup ran into some medical issues that cost me some $$$.. all is well though.. So I was in a bit of a delima. I needed a rear mount.. asap.. I could just go get one from NAPA,.. but I decided to steal this idea from timpronk off the board.

Used two hockey pucks.. shaved them down. lubed them up. pressed them in.. Then drilled a hole for the bolt to go through.. Changed the bolt around two so the nut is on the side of the control arm. so when I go to change the mounts It will not be such an issue.

Will see how it works out soon..
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Looks good man. Althogh in the pic of the new engine on the stand I can see that the knock sensor that goes in between the block you have it coming out under the throtle body. You will need to re-route that to the othr side of the motor by the coolant filler neck. Thats wre it is on the mx3 engine harness.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

haha Yeah I know.. I found that out when I got the motor in the car. was a easy fix.. :welder:

motors in and running.. had two small vac issues.. couple plugs on the back of the intake manifold had holes in them.

I set my TPS but still having idle issues.. I unpluged my IAC and that helped it from bouncing.. I can set the idle down to 1000 ( I know this is too high ) but thats is low I can get it. There must still be a vac issues...

I will have to search for the answer!!!
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I had some issues with the Idle. I thought I had it figured out. So I took the car out for its first drive with the new motor........ I was disapointed. I have driven mx's with ze's and mine did not have the power it should. Also noticed the car would whistle when I let off the gas. So I guess I stil have a vacuum issue. I bought all new vac line today and will be running it all tomorrow.

Oh yeah I had the car out for maybe 15 mins.. drove to my work pulled in the driveway and my p/s pump started pissing fluid. stop the car and took a look. found out that my belt was shreded! and must have cut one of the p/s lines?? will look into it tomorrow. I have a spare pump if needed. Replaced both belts and was on my way.. I hope it is not a big problem.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

will the K8 IM have the same gap ?
i mean, im thinking of gettin some Outlaw spacers, and do a DIY like u did ...
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I dont know what you mean by gap? are you running your k8 still? If so I think owtlaw makes spacers for the k8. and they are the exact same as what I have except they are oval ports. The Gap of the spacer itself is 1/4" or so. great kit. gives you all the hardware instructions gaskets..

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”