timing problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

first i have a manual so i don't think i have that....and no Both of those plugs are in it's a slide in connector.....
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

well i have a manual and i got it. umm did you try following the cord down to where it starts from and mine is a slide in connecter to but it still screws in on the tranny. what does it say in your manual?
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

my bad you were right....I still got a cel though...
93 mx-3 bp, CAI, msd blaster 2, ngk wires,NGK V-powers(just for limegreen). Pacesetter headers, no cat, cat-back 2.25" piping, autometer lunar A/F gauge, 800w 12" sub w/1600w amp. 3 way pioneer speakers all around
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

its fine, did you pull codes? like stick a wire in TN and GND and see how many times it flashes.
Gottagofaster

Post by Gottagofaster »

well I got out my book....and then loooked at my old motor that i pulled and noticed the exact thing you described...hard to get to on my bp though....
i tried to pull codes...and the wierdest hting happened.
If i put it in tn and grnd and put the ignition in run the light goes off...no flashes....
I pull it out and start her up and the CEL comes right back on....Then i decided to run the car with the wire in tn and grnd and got a code of 3(disty,cam angle sensor)....strangest thing...
any thoughts?
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hmm well thats a disty code for sure, i got that about a month ago. had to replace the whole unit. have you tried reseting the ECU? and see if the code comes back. what happened with my disty was the ignitor inside the disty went bad not sure if its your case but something to look into. if the cam angle sensor is totally dead the car wont start.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”