Fun poll about our Cars

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

How many times do you consider selling your MX3?

A few times now...
28%
Once a month
3%
Once a week
5%
Few times a week
8%
Daily
10%
NEVER!!
46%

Total votes: 39

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

neutral wrote:Never. MX-3's design was an instant classic, even if sales #'s were low, this car will elicit admiring comments and questions for years to come. That said, I don't need to depend on it as a daily driver all the time anymore so makes it easier to keep it at least another 10 years.
Ditto!!
I dislike car payments, never did. It's bought and paid for many years ago. Things are going to wear out and breakdown and depending how hard we are on them, sooner rather than later. I'm the second owner when I got it in 95, so I've grown accustomed to it's little idiosyncrasies, it's quirks. Before my ZE swap last winter I could tell you like clockwork when my lifetime warranty muffler is going to let go. I could tell you within a ceratian amount of accuracy when I would need to replace a CV joint (BTW, drivers side is about 2 to 1 to the passengers, more or less). I think I've posted a few times before that my MX has never left me stranded anywhere (touch wood). I'm thinking that a vast majority of this BB are the 3rd maybe even 4th owner of their particular MX. Who knows what treatment it has or hasn't seen. Also a good majority of MX owners on this BB are quite young and this is their first vehicle and due to financial constraints and an unknowing ability to understand the basics of car ownership , usually run into all sorts of problems, mostly because they may have tried to cut corners or save a buck or two. It's understandable for those caught up in situations like that to get a little jaded and be dishartened about their car. For over 9 years my MX has been my grocery getter, my motorcycle trailer hauler, my landscaping transport and my back and forth to work everyday car. Now it's my fun time, play around with summer car, cause I have another Mazda that has taken up it's previous role. Have I thought about getting rid of it in the past - of course I have and usually it's a spur of the moment feeling that soon passes. Like neutral says, I'm planning on keeping it for at least another 10 years. It will be a classic some day, and for me, it's a classic now.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Yeah. For me, I'm getting another car to be the daily driver. My MX will be my "highsidin" car.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”