ATTENTION YOU PROJECTOR NUTS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33710

to prove it further this is the same type except not this company.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i know they make em, and there has been many people e-mail and get similar ones back and we never see nothing
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

well heres the guys email address if you all want to email him to get the same response.

... not sure if this is a privacy thing but oh well.

ebay@k2motor.com

he said be on the lookout.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gro Harlem wrote:i'll believe it when i see it. I contacted the company that made the lights for the mx-6 and they told me they had no plans to make jack for our car. Their distributor is in CA somewhere & i think they were a taiwan outfit.
DavidOS wrote:
ok i emailed a company that makes headlight and taillights , they currently make after market projectors for mx6s,
i and told them there is at least 30 mx3s interested in a similar projector that they already make for the mx6 and if they could keep the costs similiar i would be the first to buy (around 110 us)

He emailed me saying that they had already made a prototye and for me to keep an eye open and in touch with him as they will be releasing something soon.

Conflicting stories - I imagine time will tell.
Gro - What is the consensus or word on the MX6 unit's - quality, finish owner satisfaction , etc....
Taras - I think I'd do something similar - replace light unit's with higher quality ones + wiring harness and since those MX6 units do not appear to have any clear lense fitted, I'd fit one of those after market (name?) acrylic lense covers to protect that investment.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Ah, those ebay ones aren't projectors.....

It also seems like the K2motor ones here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33710

aren't projectors either.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

id still be interested, even just to upgrade look of stock yellowish lights
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Taras

Post by Taras »

Grants wrote:Ah, those ebay ones aren't projectors.....

It also seems like the K2motor ones here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33710

aren't projectors either.
Well, you definitely would not want to use those anyway. May be Hella 90mm units would fit in there anyway, then you are set. And no clear cover needed.
Plus "Halos" are so old now and overused anyway.... :roll:
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Agreed Taras, they could be a good starting point. The actual housing is our biggest problem and if you could get a set for $110 I reckon it would be worth it. Not quite the original promise of a set of projectors but this way (IF it ever happens) people could still have a good, cost effective individual mod depending on what they want to do.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:Agreed Taras, they could be a good starting point. The actual housing is our biggest problem and if you could get a set for $110 I reckon it would be worth it. Not quite the original promise of a set of projectors but this way (IF it ever happens) people could still have a good, cost effective individual mod depending on what they want to do.
My perspective exactly, "good starting point", and as Taras said fitting some Hella projectors (provided they fit) with a good wiring harness and perhaps we'll have a real contender. I'll be waiting.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah those they call them "faros" in mexico, all the kids get those foir their car, and even some have made been made for mx3 deep down in mexico df..but they are just regular driving lights with a black housing. I personally preferr the projector look. faros means either light , lighthouse, fog lamp... mexico df has weird words than not even I being from mexico.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

This sounds almost to good to be true. Get us some pics of what they would look like and a REAL cost, no estimates, and I will probably buy into them. Hip Hip Hooray for finding this out and working the details! :shock: :mrgreen: :2thumbsup: :love:
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I've seen the quality of those MX6 projectors..... Their built out of paper mache, I know a guy that bought them over 6 months ago, one already cracked down the middle, we don't know what from, but they are really thin plastic. It would seam that if a HID light was put in it, and it got hot, it could melt the plastic. They are extramly CHEAP, and easy to break, and come with crappy lighting. But I guess you might think it was better than the stock ones if you never cleaned them.
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I thought when the Tail lights came out they cost around $250-200usd. I remeber I was one of the first to buy a set and they cost close to $200.
Taras

Post by Taras »

SE-Man wrote: It would seem that if a HID light was put in it, and it got hot, it could melt the plastic. They are extremely CHEAP, and easy to break, and come with crappy lighting. But I guess you might think it was better than the stock ones if you never cleaned them.
Hid's run cooler than halogens. And I would suppose most would be smart enough to throw out those 'crappy' units in place of the better known ones. As others said, this would be a good starting point. If they are so thin, then may be could be reinforced. Too bad we sometimes have to buy new stuff that needs to be modified. But, you get what you pay for.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I wish ui could get pics but unfortunatelly i havent seen than mx3er aroundanymore and it hasnt been adverticed on the mexican street racing magazines..altough they do sell universal sets\ and cheap also.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”