Should I stick around?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
millionflame

Re: Should I stick around?

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
I'm on ~25 message boards, and this entire BOARD has about the worst attitude I've seen(with a few exceptions). You guys DON'T want to learn about cars, you want to look cool.<hr></blockquote><p>I dunno. I'd have to agree there is a large contingent of dumb asses who know nothing but post to try and make you think otherwise.<p>However, Protegeclub.com has just as many or more. That's why I never bother going there anymore. I try to help and give useful information, and what do I get? BS about how I know nothing. Hmm, right.<p>Anyways, feel your pain man. It would be much appreciated by myself, and others I am sure, if you stayed, but the choice is ultimately yours.<p>If you do leave, just don't change your email addy! :) Then at least the people who want some good info backed by experience can get a knowledgeable person like yourself to help them out.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
<p>I dunno. I'd have to agree there is a large contingent of dumb asses who know nothing but post to try and make you think otherwise.<p>However, Protegeclub.com has just as many or more. That's why I never bother going there anymore. I try to help and give useful information, and what do I get? BS about how I know nothing. Hmm, right.<p>Anyways, feel your pain man. It would be much appreciated by myself, and others I am sure, if you stayed, but the choice is ultimately yours.<p>If you do leave, just don't change your email addy! :) Then at least the people who want some good info backed by experience can get a knowledgeable person like yourself to help them out.<p>~A<hr></blockquote><p>
Within Protegeclub, the first gen guys seem to be better than the 3rd gen guys, and thats where I hang out.<p>There ARE idiots there, no doubt, and I have my own little fan club over there of people who also hate me. That board however has some people that I totally respect who are very intelligent. Very few people on this board can I say the same thing about. And a lot of them don't post anymore...
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

all message boards have dumbasses and will always have dumbasses. Of all the boards i've been on, i'd have to say probetalk is one of the best with a very knowledgeable member base and has been around for quite awhile. But they still have n00bs who post moronic stuff.<p>And IMO I consider myself a "dumbass" here on this board. I know a lot about the 1st gen proteges, and since the suspension is basically identical, I can say the same for the MX3's suspension, but other stuff I still need help with. Luckily this boards been around for quite awhile and searching brings up an answer usually. <p>I just wish more of the n00bs would actually search!! seeing the same posts over and over is annoying as hell.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
all message boards have dumbasses and will always have dumbasses. Of all the boards i've been on, i'd have to say probetalk is one of the best with a very knowledgeable member base and has been around for quite awhile. But they still have n00bs who post moronic stuff.<p>And IMO I consider myself a "dumbass" here on this board. I know a lot about the 1st gen proteges, and since the suspension is basically identical, I can say the same for the MX3's suspension, but other stuff I still need help with. Luckily this boards been around for quite awhile and searching brings up an answer usually. <p>I just wish more of the n00bs would actually search!! seeing the same posts over and over is annoying as hell.<hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, Probetalk is great. They manage the site well and there is a certain level of respect most of the time.<p>I bet there is some kind of search feature that could be written that scans new posts and deletes them if they've already been posted before in the database. Just a thought.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
It doesn't even have to be the lack of autocrossers, track day guys, drag racers...<p>You don't listen, and when you get a responce you don't like, you attack the other person, and here's the biggie, WITHOUT ANY FACT!!!<hr></blockquote><p>I hope this isn't referring to me, but the board in general. I don't think I've EVER attacked you. :shrug: Why do you care what people think of you on the internet? If they want to do something dumb and you tell them not to do it, yet they still do it, as I said earlier, they probably are asking the dumb question to get attention and already had there mind made up. <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
I'm on ~25 message boards, and this entire BOARD has about the worst attitude I've seen(with a few exceptions). You guys DON'T want to learn about cars, you want to look cool.<hr></blockquote><p>Thats not my case, I've spent the last year learning about my car and cars in general. :shrug: This entire board does not have bad attitudes, its just a few people on it, yet it seems you have some sort of stereo typing system going on. This board will NOT improve with attitudes and stereotypes like yours. Besides, what do you have against those people on the board who want there car to look good? Why is that such a bad thing in your eyes?
Or is it you just don't want them talking in certain forums, like technical discussion?<p>[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

My personal Favorite is when someone asks if they can put an RX-7 engine in their MX-3 without any modifications.<p>Or Miata engine<p>Or can they make their MX-3 a AWD with no mods besides slapping the engine and tranny in.<p>For some reason people seem to think that they can just bolt in any engine and think there are no mods necessary.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
maldo

Post by maldo »

Jesse,<p>I have to say that I totally agree with you and what you have stated. The same questions are asked each and every day, no one will search, if the answer is what they wanted then the "vets" get the big FU. I wouldn't think less of you if you left, I would miss having a suspension pro around (especially this winter when my suspension gets redone), but I can always find you on another board. I don't hang out here nearly as much as I used to, I left for a period and came back as well due to comments and attitudes of others. Do what you feel is needed for you. If you leave though, who will be the one to replace you and your witty banter?? :D
----
BTW, Cut springs are not safe at all. What roads do you frequent? This way I can stay the hell away from you, for my safety.<p>It seems like this is a general theme within this UBB, "If I can do it half a$$ed for less money than doing it properly then by all means I am going to do it". Why not do it right in the first place instead of doing it twice. No one has a ton of money, spend it wisely and do it right. Cutting corners leads to accidents, whether it be a broken bolt or a cut spring thru the tire. Cutting corners gives everyone a bad name, ie. the drag strip is to far to drive, I will just street race a la Fast and Furious style. I didn't get hurt last time so it is safe for me and that is all that matters. It's a good thing those 2 people in BC felt safe street racing last year, I wonder if the people that they killed felt safe driving down the road that night.<p>If you don't like something about this board, leave, period. This board is ran well, it works well, yes there are a few morons but what can you do. There are many boards that have much stricter rules than this...then again, these boards entertain a much more mature audience and don't seem to have the same problems as this one.<p>Again, Jesse, I would be sad to see you go. Do what you feel is necessary, no hard feelings...might be time for a sabatical. :shrug: <p>Let the flame war begin :shrug:
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

if he wants to go let him go. i mean he does provide information but in sich a manner no one really wants to except it because of his crap @ss attitude. personally i dont like your attitdue and the way you ocme across, that doesnt mean i cant post my ideas and sugestions without a ignorant POV. Cause it seems every post you make has some time of condencening(spelling) attitude which makes people wanna give you the finger :D but what do i know...
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Agreed. Smart guy with no social skills, or tact, equals DIK head. LEAVE, there are plenty of people on this board that have enough knowledge on suspension issues, that we would be able to survive without you. ADIOS.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Well, I still say stay, Protege and maybe 1 or 2 other people have good knowledge of suspension and he's an experienced autocrosser which for some reason mx3man83 keeps on feeling the urge to make fun of. :roll: I wonder if there are ANY autocrossers on the board right now with a working knowledge of suspension like protoge has. Anyone out there?<p>[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey Jesse,<p>I agree with Maldo. Your a very knowledgable person when it comes to suspension and i respect what you know, and you / your posts have helped me out a few times. I would rather you stay, but its up to you. Your sense of humor ( that noone understands, but i think is funny :)
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
Well, I still say stay, Protege and maybe 1 or 2 other people have good knowledge of suspension and he's an experienced autocrosser which for some reason mx383man keeps on feeling the urge to make fun of. :roll: I wonder if there are ANY autocrossers on the board right now with a working knowledge of suspension like protoge has. Anyone out there?<hr></blockquote><p>It's not that I'm making fun of him, but his mentality is that everyone in the world should have their suspension tuned so that it is top of the line, designed for zooming around turns in this weekends autocross race. That is not so. That is not everyone's goal.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
maldo

Post by maldo »

It's a better goal than being an accident waiting to happen. :shrug:
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
<p>It's not that I'm making fun of him, but his mentality is that everyone in the world should have their suspension tuned so that it is top of the line, designed for zooming around turns in this weekends autocross race. That is not so. That is not everyone's goal.<hr></blockquote><p>
I don't think protege has ever told people to set there suspension up to autocross. He just tells people not to do stoopid stuff. :shrug: It makes sense. BTW, on the news about 2 years ago there was a story on I think it was a civic with cut springs. He was driving along at about 70mph and hit a dip in the roadway and his car flew up in the air about 5-6 ft. and crashed down. I believe he ended up crashing into the side median and he died. It was a while ago, but if freaked me out seeing it on the news.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by maldo:
It's a better goal than being an accident waiting to happen. :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>
Oh since when was putting lowering springs on stock struts an accident waiting to happen?
My Cardomain site

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”