New Group Buy For a New Bumper by Underground Design!!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
992mmx3

Re: New Group Buy For a New Bumper by Underground Design!!!!

Post by 992mmx3 »

oooh, thats the actual bumper??? oh okay, that helps a little more, hmmm, that'd be better looking with the mx's oval thing, i don't know why i like the look of that blasted oval so much. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
oooh, thats the actual bumper??? oh okay, that helps a little more, hmmm, that'd be better looking with the mx's oval thing, i don't know why i like the look of that blasted oval so much. :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>i guess it accents the body of the mx3...plus we're all probably used to seeing it on all of the bumpers for the mx3.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Am I missing something here? I thought MITSUBISHI created the EVO bumpers for their Evolution Lancer cars, NOT JOHN!!!<p>John may have spent all that time into molding one on his car, BUT, he did NOT create it. Mitsubishi did. So, he has no right to hold anything above us like he created it.<p>You people are hilarious. You can NEVER keep a design to yourself in the car business. People copy other people. It's just what goes on.<p>I don't see why you're all trying to treat John like a god here. Ya, he has money and was able to do something really nice to his car, but that does not mean no one else is allowed.<p>Geez.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Hi everybody.. Ok.. So I see here. That everyone is interest to have a new bumper..<p>But not the same as the other one.. So let's make Something.. Can someone make a picture
or something we can work on.. I Like alot the evo bumper.. Maybe we can work on that first??<p>PhotoShop Someone??<p>Fred
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
I don't see why you're all trying to treat John like a god here. Ya, he has money and was able to do something really nice to his car, but that does not mean no one else is allowed.<hr></blockquote><p>i definitely noticed that lately...there are millions of people like john down in the socal area....except they own different cars.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

first things first im NOT the who wants to get the bumper made....so dont be comming across like your gonna lose respect for me.....i was just standing up for the guy.......and you guys have got to be kidding me about having jadded give the go ahead for the bumper of course i would totally aproach him about the idea IF i were the one who was going to be making it but you all know that in the end he realy has no say either way on whether or not that bumper gets made.......and lets not forget that bumper of jaded's in not an original either its just another kit from another car molded onto his car...........and just let me say this before everyone starts flammin on me and so called lossing respect for me....i give mad mad mad respect for jon on the AMAZING job that he did on that car and for originalities sake i hope that no one ever copies that bumper.......(oh yeah if you do change the car again im calling dibbs on that bumper and you all her that j/k)
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

first of all i wanted to stay out of this. i really appreciate everyone standing behind me like that. that really means a lot to me. so i hope we can all meet at carlisle this year. second i dont have all kinds of money like some people think. im a do it yourselfer. ive spent countless hours of sweating, itching, bleeding, and sleepless nights for my car. everything, that includes electronics, paint, body kit, engine work, and stereo setup. third yes it bothers me that someone wants to copy me, but its also flattering. im not going to say yes or no about making the bumper. i do know that might piss some people off and thats why i wanted to stay out of this.the main reason is, i dont want to lose the respect of any of you. this might sound corny but i consider everyone here my online family. hopefully you all agree with me . if not im sorry.
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I understand how someone could feel, but over the time people will bring out something they saw and recreate it to something new. Look at all the rims out there, alor copys. Alot of them look like the tenzo rs-5 and you can tell because othere companys add the 5 to a letter. I mean people can make an evo bumper just make it different.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
second i dont have all kinds of money like some people think.<hr></blockquote><p>Sorry, I assumed and was wrong, but it just seemed that way to me. Sorry dude.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
third yes it bothers me that someone wants to copy me, but its also flattering.<hr></blockquote><p>You copied an already copied bumper, so you have no right to be bothered. You didn't create this bumper. You may have molded it, but you certainly didn't create the EVO idea.<p>Lastly, there ARE going to be other EVO MX-3s soon, and that's just how it is. There are millions of EVO Civics, Eclipes, Focuses, etc, etc.<p>Hate me all you want, but all I am doing is wanting what MILLION(s) of other people have ALREADY done.<p>If I had any sort of real skills, or MAD MAD money, I would have had an EVO bumper before John. It's been a dream of mine for a long time.<p>And, yeah, John's car kicks *** , and it's a very nice car, but it's nothing original. :shrug: <p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I personally dont like the bumper that much so i dont care if there is a group buy for it...but does this guy have a copyright on his bumper??? IF not, then its up for grabs...this is America we have the right to make/mold/copy whatever we want if it's not under copyright.....I'm not taking sides, like i said i dont really care, but in america we have certain laws, and in copying this guy's idea there would be none broken.. And on the comment about onderground-design...I disagree totally. I like the fact that they dont want to pay for advertising fees...You know what happens when a company pays money for advertising fees??? Prices go up!! I like small business's that can make it without throwing their logos and name all over the place just for some recognition...let their work do the talking...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

i want to apologize to jaded for anything i said that may have been wrong or that may have offended you that was not my intension at all.........i think your car is totally amazing and i am totally looking forward to seeing that beautiful car in person........i was just trying to make ppl realize that things like this happen and they cant be pissed at someone for doing it.........and even if it were made im sure it wouldnt be an exact copy anyway.......cause i dought that your gonna be giving anyone the chance to take a mold of yours........so again im sorry........and if i get to meet you in person at carlisle(spelling)i hope theres no bad blood and remember i want dibbs on that bumper if you ever get rid of it......... :D<p>[ January 26, 2003: Message edited by: caveman ]</p>
onderground

Post by onderground »

Oh gang... I havent noticed that post!<p>Ohhhh lots of opinion here!<p>Of course that bumper may cause personal conflict cuz this bumper is not original from Jaded, its a copy from an Us company that do not produce it for mx-3... the original design belong to another company, Ive seen kits like this for civic!<p>Ok let me do some photoshop, Ill customize a drift front end, maybe you would appreciate...!<p>and I guess it wont offence anyone!
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

Damn People.. I don't wanna be in a War here..<p>I just Want A new Bumper Idea for my car.. Let's make a new bumper for god!! :)
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i like that bumper that marsh photoshopped, if the bottom was flat, i'd probably be in on a GB
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I just want an evo bumper or something new with a perfect fit.

Return to “Appearance”