New Group Buy For a New Bumper by Underground Design!!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sinistral

New Group Buy For a New Bumper by Underground Design!!!!

Post by Sinistral »

Hi everybody<p>My name is Frédérick..<p>I talk to somebody today at Underground Design and I ask him if it will be possible for them to make me a bumper for my
mx3. They say yes and I send him the picture of the bumper I want.. Ya ya.. It's the same one like somebody on the board.
You know the Evo one.. So here the link to see the car : http://www.hondahookup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=419803#419803<p>
Ok.. So I would like to know.. How many people will be interest in that bumper. Cuz I will make a group buy for that bumper
So the price he cut me is that : 550 - 600$ each bumper.. But I will need 10 Peoples first with a deposit of 100$ to make
the bumper.. But it's like an Account so the 100$ you gonna give it's going to be witdraw on the price.. <p>And If I have 20 Peoples it's gonna be 40$ deposit <p>So if your interesting my email is propeller19@hotmail.com<p>Hurry up guys.. This bumper is awsome.. :) <p>Fred<p>Sorry for my english..<p>By the way I live 30 mins from Underground Design!!
Sinistral

Re: New Group Buy For a New Bumper by Underground Design!!!!

Post by Sinistral »

nobody??
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Maybe you should get that guy's permission before you take his idea. He molded an Eclipse bumper on because he wanted to be original. He did a lot of work on it, and I think it's kinda messed up to steal his design. I'm sure he's VERY flattered that so many people have taken a liking to it, but it wouldn't be right to copy it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
Maybe you should get that guy's permission before you take his idea. He molded an Eclipse bumper on because he wanted to be original. He did a lot of work on it, and I think it's kinda messed up to steal his design. I'm sure he's VERY flattered that so many people have taken a liking to it, but it wouldn't be right to copy it.<hr></blockquote>
ya thats not fair man i would be pissed as hell
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
HRO

Post by HRO »

I agree.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

ditto
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

pissed is a understatement :mad: :mad: :mad: <p>id probobly end up blowing something up if that happend to me :shrug: <p>John (jademx3) put a lot of work into that
id definately ask him before you do anything
NoVa<p>Image
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

hey guys i think jaded's bumper is amazing but you know what that is a fact of like that ppl copy other ppls ****.......other wise we wouldnt have any of the kits we have today cause they are all know off styles that someone had to come up with and when it was first out is was an original.........look at the fx bumpers how many other companys have that style hell fx and onderground have the same and im pretty sure that onderground knocked of fx.....and what about the aresspeed......or the mp5 bumper......and how about the newest creation the BLITZ where have i seen that b4 oh wait that was on the green eclipse from fast and the furious your right that is a totally original idea..........the only one that is even close to being original is the pak kit and its still no overly original.....even the buddy club rear has been knocked off for our cars........im sorry i dont mean to be rude i just dont think its right to rip into fred just because he is trying to futher the tunning capabilities of our chossen ride.........jaded man im totally sorry for defending him but you knew it was gonna happen sooner or later and if you really didnt want it to happen then you would have had to get a pattend on that design but that would have even been impossible since you took a kit that was already made an fit it to your car.........it was inevitable that some one was gonna come along and copy you so again im sorry it was gonna happen........again im not trying to be rude so please dont take it that way and im sorry to anyone who does....
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by caveman:
...i dont mean to be rude i just dont think its right to rip into fred just because he is trying to futher the tunning capabilities of our chossen ride.........<hr></blockquote><p>Nobody was ripping into anyone. I was just stating that it wouldn't be right to take someones hard work and basically make it a 5 min job. How would you like it if you wanted to be totally original, and spent a lot of time and money to do so, then someone built a bolt on replica? All your hard work and time, is basically thrown out the window. That's why a LOT of tuners won't show you what's under their hood. They don't want their ingenuity and hard work ripped off. Think of this. You decorate your house perfect the way you like it. Then your neighbor fomes over to visit. Next time you go to his house it's exactly the same. There's no possible way to patent that, but you'd still get pissed off. It's all about respect man. You gotta respect his hard work and dedicaton. And don't think I'm raggin on ya, I'm just tryin to help you see what I'm sayin better. If Onderground wants to make a new bumper, I think it's awesome. I just think it's time they had a little originality rather than producing knock-off replica's of other kits.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Just my 2 cent's, (which means SHìt). I was just woundering if Jaded made an aggrement with ondergound to make the design that would be better. I think it should be him who has the final say if it should, or shouldn't be done (out of respect for his hard work). If he is cool with it, then yay a new bumber, if not, then respect is in-place....again, not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here, just my 2 cents. <p>ps, if jaded does give the go-a-head to design the bumber, then i'd be in a group buy...if he does not give the go-a-head then I regret that i would not be in the group buy (<--- all about respect for peeps who worked their a$$ off).<p>[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: your2slow ]</p>
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Yeah don't copy the poor guy - that's not cool. Design an ORIGINAL one
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by your2slow:
Just my 2 cent's, (which means SHìt). I was just woundering if Jaded made an aggrement with ondergound to make the design that would be better. I think it should be him who has the final say if it should, or shouldn't be done (out of respect for his hard work). .......]<hr></blockquote><p>Totally agreee, lets not go behind the back of another mxer(jon)...common guys, im sure he worked hard on that and as u can see if u look at his car, its totally different and unique and it shows that he wants to be different. SO i think if u guys wanted to do this, then ask him first. I certainly won't be gettin one.<p>And for Caveman, not saying ur worng, but common, yes ur right that pretty much every design for a bumper came from another car or company. But guess what , jon isn't a company....i don't think...???? anyways, he is just a regular guy that worked his a*s off on a very cool and unique bumper. <p>If he says its cool to copy it and ONLY HIM, then go ahead i guess......but i wouldn't get one...just my 2 cents.
:roll:<p>[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: DVH ]</p>
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
maldo

Post by maldo »

If you want to increase the selection of kits, why not offer something like the Buddy Club style, R33, Drift, Octane instead of copying one specific guys kit?<p>Copying is reserved for those who lack creativity. :shrug:
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Oh yeah, and if he says No, to u copyin it and u pretty much say f*ck u and go behind his back, then i think i'll talkin for alot of the mxers on this board by sayin, I would loose all respect for u and that would be just lame <hr></blockquote><p>Very true. I'm with DVH on this one. You'd get bad rep from alot of peeps on this board, hence why i said i'd buy it only if I knew Jaded aggreed to have it copyed.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Copying is reserved for those who lack creativity. <hr></blockquote><p>Hence, this is a job for Onderground! :shrug:
However, I think that John's style will be copied eventually. But a group buy is not the way to do it (not on this board). Plus everybody knows that John was the first to have it, so the next guy to do it will be flamed large. When John changes his car again, there will be a mad rush to get that bumper. John will push the creativity boundery once more so we can be in awe, as he jumps to the next pod.
Sorry bro, not in for the bumper!<p>one

Return to “Appearance”