Shift Gate!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mad Cow

Re: Shift Gate!!!

Post by Mad Cow »

tehbrookzorz wrote:I saw somebody on ebay claiming to sell these for our cars. Apparently in different colours too, but I didn't look too far into it. I'd like to see who can make one on this site. I have yet to work with metal.
Where did you find that? I couldn't find anything even close.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Mods, forgive me, I'm not trying to advertise for anybody.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shift-plate-for-Mazd ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cody
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Nice, I was searching shift gate so I couldn't find it. Is that the same one rekognize has?
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's really cool, but I'm going to make mine with the actual pattern of my short shifter.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Ya it's the one I have but it needs a bit of modding to fit :evil:

and I used a fine grit sandpaper to remove the company logo, it's super ugly
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Neat. It only took SIX YEARS.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: ^ It looks greak, rekognize!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

shameem wrote:Looks like batman is happy to see you :lol: :P

But seriously good work - if someone makes it with a narrower slit in the middle it will be even more awesome...
+1... too much space in the middle, kinda defeats the purpose and cool factor.

i nominate fowljesse to spearhead a redesign and production.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

This is an awesome idea, but will look kinda silly with the stock shifter and shift knob. If a new one is to be made, it should work some short shifters as well (dont know if the angle is off) Is there any way we could "Dress up" the shifter itself? A scratched black metal rod isn't attractive to me! I want it to look pretty :) If this gets rolling, I will have to get a new shift knob! Maybe something simple like this: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... l%26sa%3DN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

The angle isn't the same between stock and short shifters.. Jesse how about you make us a new one, I'll send you mine as it's already modded to fit; just make the slits narrower :welder:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:) I'll see what I can drum up, as far as the place, and/ or tools neccessary.. I can do it, but would need to invest in tools.
Hmmmmm.. Carbon fiber, sheet Aluminum, Burled Walnut, Smoked Lexan to be lit from underneath... Yeah! I'm inspired.
I'll do it!
I'm going into a medical research study on the 7th, and will be in there for 15 days. before and after, is the holidays, but I will start making these just after X-mas :)
se7en

Post by se7en »

tehbrookzorz wrote:Mods, forgive me, I'm not trying to advertise for anybody.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Shift-plate-for-Mazd ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I bought that one.... ;) I am going to copy it with thicker aluminum, and make the 'fingers' longer....ferrari lookalike here I come.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Will this affect shifting time in a negative way if we make the fingers longer?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Not if they're where the shifter goes. It will be difficult to get it exactly right, but really cool when done.
Rekognize, if you send me yours, I'll make them, but not until after X-mas :wink:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

This will be a B to make. Lots of cardboard prototypes. The shifter isn't so exact like the gate displays... It wiggles in all gears.... and you often want the shortest path to the next gear, not 90º turns in the motion...

Good luck.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Appearance”