Project Jay-Spec MX-326GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
WhiteFinish

Re: Project Jay-Spec MX-326GS

Post by WhiteFinish »

Why did you decided to tint them ?

I really liked how well the cleaned lights jump out in your front bumper.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I nightshaded my tails as well and have already been pulled over because the cop following me thought I had no rear lights. And mine are not as dark as yours look. Just a heads up. Car looks fantastic.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

I wanted it to look all pissed-off and sinister. If they are too dark, I have plenty more lights where they came from :mrgreen: They look black in the picture, although in real life, I did 2 really thin coats, I just wanted a really light tint. Chip Foose always puts a light coat of transparent black on all the lights on his project cars, he does not use Nite Shade though, and now I know why. LOL. (Stuff is hard to work with). My camera sucks in low light conditions. I will post some pix of it outside during the day.
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by ethand »

Haha ok, well seeing as you work in the industry, I guess it's understandable that a pro can work like that 8)
It really is coming along nicely (not to mention quickly, it seems!)
Are those bulbs you bought just a plug&play bulb, into the standard light housing? I'm thinking I might take a look at what I can do to lift my lights a little without having to do any conversions!! Haha
Seeing your minty plastic housing to the antenna reminds me of something I forgot to check for on that wreck I found... Mines all cracked & looks crap... Are they fairly easy to come by in good condition?
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

I bought most of the sundries new from Mazda. Nothing looks worse on a fresh paint job then crusty nasty rubber and plastic trim etc. Thankfully the Mazda has very few of these items on it. I bought new rubbers for the windshield and doors and a new antenna. In typical high class Mazda fashion, the antenna came with new screws and the rubber gasket and the door trims came with all the clips to ready to instal. Try that with a Toyota, the front antenna screw likely has a different part number then the rear one LOL. I have a theory that Mazda never updated it's price lists, cause all the trim stuff and the antenna were very reasonably priced. My car could use some more sundries, but I replaced everything that would be two steps back latter at this point. I can always replace the washer jets, MaZda emblem later. If Mazda build a V8 RWD muscle car, I would burn my other sheot box, pewter horse and all.

The Piaa light bulbs are direct replacement items. They are stock wattage, (although they perform like double the wattage) so there is no need to upgrade the headlight harness.

The Mothers Buff ball and their plastic polish can go a long way sprucing up all the plastic stuff. My friend says it works great on glass too. I am going to try it on my wiper scratch on the windshield.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

IMACHU2 wrote:I bought most of the sundries new from Mazda. Nothing looks worse on a fresh paint job then crusty nasty rubber and plastic trim etc. Thankfully the Mazda has very few of these items on it. I bought new rubbers for the windshield and doors and a new antenna. In typical high class Mazda fashion, the antenna came with new screws and the rubber gasket and the door trims came with all the clips to ready to instal. Try that with a Toyota, the front antenna screw likely has a different part number then the rear one LOL. I have a theory that Mazda never updated it's price lists, cause all the trim stuff and the antenna were very reasonably priced. My car could use some more sundries, but I replaced everything that would be two steps back latter at this point. I can always replace the washer jets, MaZda emblem later. If Mazda build a V8 RWD muscle car, I would burn my other sheot box, pewter horse and all.

The Piaa light bulbs are direct replacement items. They are stock wattage, (although they perform like double the wattage) so there is no need to upgrade the headlight harness.

The Mothers Buff ball and their plastic polish can go a long way sprucing up all the plastic stuff. My friend says it works great on glass too. I am going to try it on my wiper scratch on the windshield.
i highly suggest grabbing some fan spray nozzles from canadian tire. there like $12 and work way better then stock.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

mazda tribute nozzle are also fan spray pattern, for all thoe junkyarder's out there.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

These ones?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en

Read the package :lol:

"French for power wash dirt & dust"
"French for easy D.I.Y installation"

Must have been the suppliers art work, that they needed to translate into french for the Canadian market?
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah those look like the ones i got. my only complaint with them is they have a plastic tube with threads coming off the bottom that pinches it into the hood this strips extremely easily and out of 2 packs i was only able to successfully attach 2 nozzles. canadian tire was happy to exchange them thow so its not that big of a deal.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha Awesome, I might have to do the same for my antenna cover... its kinda cracked & broken...
I might also see if I can find a similar type of plug&play bulb here in Australia, too - my stock bulbs are kind of useless for country driving! And the light is kind of yellow, would be nice to try get a whiter light...
:lol: That packaging... hahaha looks like someone forgot to change the text after plugging it into google translate :lol:
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Got the rest of the murdered-out lights back in.

I repainted the fastner on the rear quarter pop out windows and installed the quarter windows.

Installed the windsheild. It was out of my parts car. first I removed all the old goo.

My first attempt at glass installation. My friend that works at a GM dealershp body shop got me the windsheild frame primer and windshield primer.

Windshield all cleaned up and ready to put in. (this took hours) LOL

The windshield and wipers installed. I broke both of the windshield trims trying to put them back on, they were crazy brittle. I actually managed to get the wiper arms mixed up. Grabbed one that said "P" on it, figured it was the "passanger" side. Turns out if you look closer one says "PL" and one "PR" duh! I was so confused, thought I bought the wrong size wiper blades, actually measured the ones on my driver 323, before I figured it out.
Last edited by IMACHU2 on March 19th, 2012, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Nice work on the glass install, looks like you did a good job (not that I'd particularly know!)
I had no idea how much prep had to do into re-installation of a windshield! Makes sense, though, now I think about it :oops:
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

ethand wrote:Nice work on the glass install, looks like you did a good job (not that I'd particularly know!)
I had no idea how much prep had to do into re-installation of a windshield! Makes sense, though, now I think about it :oops:
I can cross windshield removal and installation off my automotive bucket list now. :lol: I have now learned why it takes the guy at the auto glass guy 4 hours to replace my windshield :shrug: . It is a pretty labor intensive deal.

I like doing stuff myself, and I hate when other people work on my cars. I am proud of this car, so far it 100% built by me. I think I am going to relinquish control and let my friend do the wheel alignment though, the idea of me and 500' of string makes me want to start :crying:
ethand

Post by ethand »

haha too right! My automotive bucket list is still about 99.9% incomplete hahaha... but I guess I got plenty of time ahead of me to get it all done haha ;)
Nice work, and I don't blame you that you don't want to let others near your build! But wheel alignment isn't really part of the build. its more like maintenance, right?! (If that helps you reconcile it?) haha ;)
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

ethand wrote:haha too right! My automotive bucket list is still about 99.9% incomplete hahaha... but I guess I got plenty of time ahead of me to get it all done haha ;)
Nice work, and I don't blame you that you don't want to let others near your build! But wheel alignment isn't really part of the build. its more like maintenance, right?! (If that helps you reconcile it?) haha ;)
Hmm, I have an idea! I will let my friend do the alignment with his fancy machine then check his work with my string. Then I can cross wheel alignment off my automotive bucket list! He had better do a good job LOL

(Random string alignment how-to video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ziovI1651o

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”