Thefez's 92 MX3 GS (Buying a RX-8!)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *PICS*MoRe MazdaSpeed*

Post by mx3matt »

anyway you can take pics of your gc's? i also have gc's and zx-2 struts but from what i can make out in that pic your tophats are different then mine. are your strut bearings red?
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *PhotoShoot Pics 6/11/12*

Post by Thefez »

Hey guys well i havnt really updated the log in awhile bust ive done a coupe things since last time and have some new ideas and pics.

I bought hawk hps from mellowness group guy. Thank agien man. And i bought sobe's twm. This thing is crazy amazing with the corksport $ es shifter bushings.

Also go some new 17's which look amazing on the car rims and tires where only $320!
And to day after i took care of some things my friend and itook some photos of the car today kinda of did a photo shoot
Pics will be up tomarro:)

Pics

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

those rims are very nice!!!!great pics!!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Thanks man i love them. I think they really make the car
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

Looks great! nice shots too :D
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

youdirtyfox wrote:Looks great! nice shots too :D
deff honored by your posting since you own the only "StanceWorks" MX3.

In gunna do some more adjusting on the coils wana get it to sit .5-1" above the tire

heres some more pics

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

lookin good all you need is some euro mini or MS sides and it would be perfect! 8)
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Thanks eggs! Ive been looking for a set of ms sides for awhile thhink ima just break down and biy them from cs and die on shipping
ethand

Post by ethand »

Looking sweet, bro, great work! Rims suit it well, nice work on the Ms front bar :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Thefez

Re: Thefez's 92 MX3 GS *KL-01*

Post by Thefez »

Well about a week ago now I took a trip to my local pick and pull and stumbled apon somthing great! a KL-01(KLZE) out of a 2000 mazda millenia.

Now heres the fun part pics!

I have some more pics that i need to upload.

But also all the new parts i need are here as well. All the gaskets from top to bottem, stage 1 clutch, timing kit w/ water pump, along with main/rod bearings and new rings.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh wow that looks like its going to be a nice and rewarding project
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh wow that looks like its going to be a nice and rewarding project
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Well lifes been ectra crazy these days and ive been really focusing on school and trying to find time between that and work to work on this project of mine that i drive daily.. lol but heres a bunch of pics from the build so far!

So while tearing into this motor it really looked healthy for having 200k on it the bearings weren't scratched or scored, the cams and tappets where in great shape! the cylinders still had cross hatches on them, the oil that cam out was clean! As well as no sludge/build up in the heads or block. heres some pics via tear down.

all cleaned and back together

Right now the valves still need to be pulled from the heads and new valve guide seals need to be installed along with some p&p of the ports and lapping of the valves as thos are the last things need to be done to put the motor back together. The bottem end was tore apart and the crank I had sent out to be polished and checked to make sure no machineing was needed. This pistons where cleaned and re-ringed and installed after honing the engine and the crank was put back in with all need main and rod bearings not in that order lol... but everything is bolted down and torqued to spec along with the block being cleaned and painted and the oilpump and pan(powdercoated black) installed with all new seals and gaskets. I dont have pics of this for what ever reason. but i will take some later and get them on here for thos who are interested.

Some more powdercoated goodies, ready for the heads!
this picture doesn't do them justics has the first one does.

Also while im waiting to do the heads I wanted to clean up, paint, and P&p(myself) my intake manifold. This is where im at so far with it. I had talked to my machinist and watched some youtube videos to get an idea what i needed to do and what not to do.. and now i truly understand why people that do do this charge so much$ this takes alot of time and you need to be carefull and take your time and not go crazy removing metal but making everything smooth.

Also got my heads apart started lapping valves and putting in new seals

im hoping by the end of the week or monday to have the heads all clean a light p&p job in the ports and not really touch the bowls and to have the heads bolted down to the block

so for anyone thats still following the build hope you enjoy!!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

You are definitely a patient worker!!

I've done only a little bit of what you mentioned above, and I know first hand how tedious the work can be. You'll be happy with the results though, I'm excited for you to fire it up and drive it for the first time! The porting work on that intake manifold looks good, and I like the color choice for your valvecovers. Are you doing a full red/silver theme for the engine bay??
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

MrMazda92 wrote:You are definitely a patient worker!!

I've done only a little bit of what you mentioned above, and I know first hand how tedious the work can be. You'll be happy with the results though, I'm excited for you to fire it up and drive it for the first time! The porting work on that intake manifold looks good, and I like the color choice for your valvecovers. Are you doing a full red/silver theme for the engine bay??

when i started this car i told my self i wanted to take my time and do everything right the first time and make everything look clean. I really hope all the P&P work even tho its not alot will pay off.. id really like to get a set of kl-31's or colts befor the heads are completely put back together so that gives me about 2 weeks so locate a set.. also want/need to get another UDP and outlaw spacers

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”