Calg_93GS's worklog (9/22/2012 - Vinyl Wrap)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Calg_93GS
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog

Post by Calg_93GS »

took the mx for its first road trip over the weekend, the gf had a friend here from japan for a few days so we took a day trip to Banff, car did great on the highway, no issues at all, from calgary to banff, to lake louise and back I burned less then 1/2 a tank with an average speed of 100 to 120 kmph, unfortunately it was on and off raining so i didnt take as many pics as i would have liked, but here is one of the car over looking banff and the other is of lake louise

also took a crack at putting dinoc on the mazda badge i found, i might redo it before putting it on the hood of the car tho as im not 100% happy with it, pretty good imo tho for my first attempt on something with so many curves to deal with

Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

cool pics and nice work on the emblem! :love:
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

so, haven't posted in a while, have done a few things with the car since my last post. picked up some new rims for the car, Drag DR-2's, couldnt go wrong on the price vs the other drag wheels i was looking at, thanks again Rob.

just gotta get car lowered come spring
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

Another nice upgrade, interior esthetics this time, pulled some great condition leather seat covers off a 93 se

seats pulled out;

installing new leather covers;

seats installed back in car :D

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

also took some time to install one of those ipod cigarette lighter holders, just, not in the cigarette lighter, went for more of a semi permanent setup

Worklog
Calg_93GS

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (3/01/2012 - new shoes/seats/beats)

Post by Calg_93GS »

got around to making my own grounding kit (cost less then 20 bucks when all was said and done)

all the parts together ready to be assembled, first went to the car and measured the lengths from my grounding point to the various points on the engine i would be adding a ground to, did it first with string which made it easier when i went to cut the wire into their proper lenghts
cables completed
installed
grounding points are left/right struts, throttle body, valve cover (front), transmission, and negative battery terminal. I plan on adding one for the alternator and the rear valve cover.
Worklog
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Calg_93GS's worklog (3/25/2012 - "DIY grounding kit")

Post by mikeinaus »

nice job on the grounding kit. ive been meaning to make one for my car. just curious where you got the parts from and what gauge wire you used? thats not speaker wire is it?
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

mikeinaus wrote:nice job on the grounding kit. ive been meaning to make one for my car. just curious where you got the parts from and what gauge wire you used? thats not speaker wire is it?
its 9ga oxygen free battery cable (tho, i use the same stuff for my subs rather then regular speaker wire lol). the cable sleeve and shrink tube came from MRO electronics here in calgary, but any electronic supply store will carry it, everything else either came from crappy tire or part source

dont need to use the sleeve on the wires obviously, but, i just wanted it to look clean
Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I am impressed, good looking set up there with the ground wires.

BTW what did you do to clean up the chrome lip on the Drag rims?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

RobMinhas wrote:I am impressed, good looking set up there with the ground wires.

BTW what did you do to clean up the chrome lip on the Drag rims?
friend had some of this stuff laying around

with some elbow grease of course, they cleaned up real nice
Worklog
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

ive herd of that stuff before. do you basically just trip the clear coat off the lip and keep it polished? obiviously while taking car not to get it on the rim face?
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Thats great, they look great. Have you looked into power coating them yet?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

mikeinaus wrote:ive herd of that stuff before. do you basically just trip the clear coat off the lip and keep it polished? obiviously while taking car not to get it on the rim face?
we taped off the face of the rims and then sprayed the lip with the airplane stripper (outdoors of course, this stuff is nasty), let it sit for 15 min or so as it ate away the remaining clear coat, then scraped the residue off with plastic scrappers so we wouldnt damage the lip, then using my dremel and some polish, cleaned up the lip, then re clear coated it with VHT clear that i had sitting around, took about 3-4 hours total, stupid me didn't take photos tho =(
Worklog
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

RobMinhas wrote:Thats great, they look great. Have you looked into power coating them yet?
not yet, waiting for an email back from a place in red deer that does the hydro dipping like on tavs valve cover ;)
Worklog
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Calg_93GS wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:Thats great, they look great. Have you looked into power coating them yet?
not yet, waiting for an email back from a place in red deer that does the hydro dipping like on tavs valve cover ;)
That sounds so cool! How is the hydrodipping supposed to react to being used on rims where rock chips and the elements are present?

II also meant to ask you since you're knowledgeable about this sorta stuff, I need to get an alignment done for my car, know any places that'll do it good and cheap?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”