The wify's MX-3. . .

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: The wify's MX-3. . .

Post by Sisko182 »

Holy crap. You weren't kidding about the interior needing to be cleaned. Good luck :lol:
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

wheelhop wrote:Thanks for the marrital guidance. Do you know my wife?
Ok, because for the most part we don't "go there" regarding family members I feel obliged to warn you. If you leave yourself open with comments like that we will take advantage. Additionally, be advised,,,it's all in good fun. :D You've been warned. :twisted:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Nice colour :)

Would be funny to see a woman driving around in a boosted mx3, you don't see that often.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I know your wife, she told me that you should work on body and interior before your car ends up like many others on the site..

All engine mods with rotting body surrounding it
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

solo_ryder wrote:I know your wife, she told me that you should work on body and interior before your car ends up like many others on the site..

All engine mods with rotting body surrounding it
Its very true. Boosting will do nothing if the car just falls apart on you.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

Funny how the paint is fine on the metal. But it is "rotting". No scratches through the clearcoat even. Plastic is fairly rust-proof. And, of course I would give the interior a bath. But where are the cracks, rips or collapsed seat springs anywhere that you saw. suspension is tight, rubber is good. . . I'm just simply not going to do any more exterior work other than fix the glass under the spoiler. Solo_ryder, please do not bring this up any more in my work log. Obviously you are not interested in discussing turbocharging the b6-me. I really would be gracious for any contribution to my goal that can be supplied. But if it really does bother your mx-3 conscience to see a chipped bumper skin and a minor dent on the quarterpanel, it's ok if you don't waste your time here anymore.

Speaking of which, back to the work log. . .

I am getting my garage finally done very soon. So tired of working under the shade tree or my buddy's garage. I miss my old house. But progress. Concrete man showed up saturday. And the garage I'll get done in, I believe, about a week.

Right now I have to. . .
-pull the 13g from the Laser to replace it with a 14b
-find my injector plug pigtails for the 240cc injectors
-put on my lm-1 and start driving around to finde out where the ecu goes to open loop with the various variable inputs and get a feel for the fuel map
-get the headlights and taillights working before above occurs :)
-interior bath and replace the broken back glass

Considering the 1g dsm stock sidemount IC is used for charge cooling a motor that sees more flow stock than my goal, I consider it absolutely fine for my goal. Higher compression on the b6 but running lower boost and cooling less air. Should do well. It has the nice core with radiused bar ends on the exterior to help cooling since it is sitting as a side mount and likely the engineers felt it needed all the ambient airflow throught the core it could get. . .

I plan on installing it as a side mount. One thing I've read up on is the low pressure found in the wheel well while an automobile is moving; clicky. Ducting to feed the intercooler is a good thing (per Corky Bell) and lower pressure behind the intercooler makes it even better.
carizle

Post by carizle »

Daninski wrote:I'll bet your wife would rather have a nice looking car to drive than a boosted car,,,I betch ya. :D
Any woman worth marrying would rather have that boosted car instead :lol:
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

Amen!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

carizle wrote:
Daninski wrote:I'll bet your wife would rather have a nice looking car to drive than a boosted car,,,I betch ya. :D
Any woman worth marrying would rather have that boosted car instead :lol:
You make a good point. :)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

OK! I am tracking down my Innovate SSI-4. I lent it to a friend who lent it to another. . . person :confused2: . So when I get that back I can log some perameters and get a better feel for this motor. Now the last time I used my lm-1 with the ssi-4, I was on my old laptop with serial input. but now this one i'm on now has only usb. I've done some research and other than getting the port recognitions to jive, the keyspan serial to usb adapter I have left over from my dsmlink v2 will be just fine to control and log the ssi-4 and lm-1.

I pulled the 13g from the dizzum. and swapped her back to her proper turbo, the 14b. and I'm cleaning this little 13g for the b6-me:

I cleaned it up with a little bit of the Works toilet bowl cleaner :freak: . It is some great stuff, especially for rust:

You can see it working because it foams and fizzes. Don't touch it, because it burns:

Cleaned up. Especially the old rusty actuator:

Also, I just purchased the universal MSD boost timing master box. . . Retards boost 1-3 degrees per psi of boost up to 15psi. Should be good to go. The ignition system in this mx-3 looks practically the same as a common for tfi ignition system . . . Is it? I hope so. I need this box to work. Can any of you guys confirm that this should work?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Well, we've whipped you like a rented mule regarding your build priorities and you've stood your ground like a trooper. Congrates. I experimented with different cleaners years ago and found that if it says "do not use on aluminum" you can use it to clean aluminum but only for about 2 mins. After that the aluminum turns blackish. :(

Use those cleaners in a well ventilated area preferable not in the house. Vapours can be a little toxic. :D
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

Yea, when it starts "fizzing" I hosed it off. And I didn't let any get in the oil inlet/outlet. I figured that would be bad :) Yea, that stuff develops a caustic odor even cleaning toilets; makes your eyes water and irritates your throat :2thumbsup: . So I definately kept the garage door open while doing this.

Got my ssi-4 from the guy. And the daisy chain cable is mysteriously missing. So, I'll have to order another one. This is why I am not the rental business; except for equine :freak: .

I should be getting the MSD universal boost timing box tomorrow afternoon.
wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

I have not been posting on the web because hurricane sandy wreaked her havoc. But I still have been working. . . :welder:

Yes that last photo shows the 13g bolted on.
wheelhop

Post by wheelhop »

More pics.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Holy worklog revival batman!!!

Glad u and the MX3 survived hurricane sandy.

I like the color. Very cool car indeed :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”