AHHHH!! help with vertical LED wiring

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
ninjajim4

Re: AHHHH!! help with vertical LED wiring

Post by ninjajim4 »

you guys must have some kind of different version than me... i definitely don't have a relay. so far as wiring, red is 12v, black is ground. that is universal, there's really no need to go testing
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

I have seen some el cheapo aftermarket lights where the wiring was done wrong and the had black as power and red as ground, my buddies rsx-s had that problem and I had to switch them up for him. Best to be 100% sure thats why I recommeded testing. There also should not be any relay's with these lights unless you have hids. The aftermarket lights are meant to be plug n play, the only thing they leave off is the power and ground wires for the halos (the angel eyes) and the led strips. The rest should just plug into your headlight harness.
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

Your absolutley right.

So I wired my rings and l.e.d.'s to the side marker, so they turn on with the side markers.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

sounds good social you should post up a pic so we can check them out and display your work. :P
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

I deffinatley will. I wired up the right side the lost feeling in my fingers... so I decided to call it a day.

Ill have pictures up when I get evrything all wired up and get my car polished.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”