Respect for your fellow MX-3'er

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Respect for your fellow MX-3'er

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

93vtecklr wrote: You could have said STFU or GTFO but you didn't.
Great! Keep giving him ideas... :lol: :lol:
Savin wrote: I guess new members just need to learn that this forum is run different than most? We believe in finding answers for ourselves, not having them spoon fed to us.
You may have hit it right on the head. I know when I came to this forum, even when I had been lurking for some time, I was used to how members and moderators conducted themselves on the other forums I'm a member of (like you, I'm a member of several different forums, but, as of today, this is the only one I post on), and it took me some time to realize the differences between this forum and what I was used to. I guess it's only fair that we take that into consideration when dealing with a noob...
Mnemonic wrote:In all Honesty I don't really consider noobism by post count. Its really about age (sitewise) and how you conduct yourself. We've got some guys that are still newish but I wouldn't call them noobs :P Heck I'm a noob on my is300 forums lol...
I agree, but this is an "I do-they do" kind of problem. It's like your first times at a gym: all the more experienced people keep telling you that the weight you lift is not important, that you need to do the exercise properly, but you still dream with pulling a 300 lb squat.
Here it's the same. You don't care about it, but the guy with a "1" post count does.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I am glad that I got people talking about it. I just think we forget sometimes. I go on the other forums I visit now and I just can't stand it. I just wanted to gently put it in the back of everyone's mind. It's easy to be nice.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

you all suck.

:) go mx3!
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I don't mind answering the semi complicated questions, but if people ask about chips.... or how to do bodywork... or anything else that clearly didn't even touch the brain before it went out the mouth...

example: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 76#p526076" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:twisted:

But for the most part, I just confuse myself.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Does it come in black? :roll:
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Ninjaskill
antispam: No

Post by Ninjaskill »

and here i was thinking that humanity was lost to a soul-les cyber space!
seems that bishop is hiding his true identity from us:

CYBER FEELINGS MAN!!!!

'93 Mazda Miata Black and Tan
'94 White Mazda Precidia Rustofantabuloawesomeness
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

good suggestion. If you don't know the answer don't post, rather than flaming someone.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Good point, there's a difference between ignorance and idiocy. I follow many threads to see where they end up. Yes it's okay to be silly, but the fact remains that people don't want to sort through 3 pages of banter for a solution. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here, I thank you all for your help. There's been many a opportunity for members to flame me, but not once has it happened. If I ever get out of line I ask that you all put me back on a respectful path.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I love this forum. It's the first and so far the only car forum I'm on (though I should start reading some PT stuff and such...) and I consider myself to be so lucky that I got started here as I could not have asked for more welcoming, friendly, smart and helpful members. Numerous times I've seen others mention on here that this is by far the most sophisticated forum they've been on. I think it's fine just the way it is. The search function is not rocket science, if I can use it successfully no one else should have any excuses. We've got a great community here! :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have no problem if someone is looking for a quick answer. I do have a problem with poor and hastily written garbled garbage and flaming those people is always "in season" IMO.
Spirited conversation always brings a smile to my face but certain people just don't know when to quit. I feel for the most part we are a pretty civilized group and usually trouble makers leave as quickly as they arrived. The only issue I've had is people responding to someones question when they have no real knowledge themselves and just give the person inaccurate information. All in all I think you guys are pretty decient and now I need to reach for a tissue.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Is that tissue for tears or...nevermind 8)

...I felt it was worth reviving this thread for that :D
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Ninjaskill wrote: CYBER FEELINGS MAN!!!!

I never authorized this picture. Please...no pictures while I'm fighting cyber meanines.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Im a goon for those who know what goons are - FYAD!
OMGWTFBBQ
The flaming on here is very tame compared to what im used to, but I agree it has
been on the upscale as of late.

Back on topic, over the many years I've been on here I have had chances to flame and troll people
many many times but I don't. I'll agree on some of the other forums (Hondissanoyota) they really jump on
people who may or may not deserve it. On MX-3.com its much more relaxed and informative for the
most part, I try to post my findings and things I think will be beneficial to the community as a
whole. Most of the other people do the same but we have had a huge influx of the younger people
who are very very different. Information searching is a lost art it seems, this somewhat saddens me,
I figured the younger people would be more keen on finding things out for themselves. This is not the
case however and things like spelling and proper grammar have gone right out the door with the
ability to find things out for ones self.

I don't mind answering questions when they are presented in a legible and literate manor.
We had a question about a water pump recently that was in my opinion answered very well with
a snip at the end. The new person took it so seriously that it got blown out of proportion to the
point of I just quit posting in that thread. I don't think the initial problem was even resolved.
People are shown the search door but refuse time and time again to walk through it and perhaps
help themselves. Then they take offense and get mouthy which really heats things up. Instead
of saying things which are not really productive to the initial question/cause lets try not to
post opinion which can be taken as offensive. Im not saying don't comment on things you like
etc, just don't be that guy throwing around phrases like 'n00b' to people who would have to look
up what it means. This is just a coffee induced blah blah so take it with a grain of salt.

Post count means nothing really :D. I don't have nearly as many as some people but seem to be
one of the go to people with 4 cylinder questions/swap info/wiring etc. Not that I know everything,
who does really.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I think I could do with lightening up a bit too.

Typically my flaming is comprised of equal parts sarcasm, mock rage, and an attempt at being funny.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

SteeleMX3 wrote:Is that tissue for tears or...nevermind 8)

...I felt it was worth reviving this thread for that :D
Oh man that's sick,,,but ya for tears.
I like the fact that sometimes I post crap and never know how it's going to be received. Then the first response is someone laughing and I think ALL RIGHT, they got it. Then there's times I get PM'd and scolded :( I'm 50+ and I get someone like Ryan17+ giving me hell. What's wrong with that picture. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”