klze swap time!! (almost)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
projectzemx3

Re: klze swap time!! (almost)

Post by projectzemx3 »

i just finished my ze swap. all i need now is a few exhaust bends, chipped or kl36 (kl31 prefered but i can dream) ecu and thats it for the swap. as for having the whole car finished i need a passenger side fender.

i should get that exhaust done soon.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I'm in the middle of the swap right now. (check my worklog)
It's going pretty smooth. No major problems. Only things were bolts being stuck etc...
4 days to do the swap. That doesn't sound bad, IF you are working on it continuously over that period of time.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Exhaust?! what's wrong with the exhaust?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

it was 1-7/8 and i want 2.25.

yeah i checked out your worklog recently.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

also if you using ebay headers then they extend to the rear about 8" farther then stock. they also come out 2.5" which is a lot larger then stock.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My rough plan is...

Thursday night: arrive in Calgary and clean the shop...cuz my Dad's a slob.

Friday: Pick up the engine...take a million pictures before loading...take it home and immediately compression test...assuming its good, replace all the components on the ZE - timing, oil pump, water pump, etc.

Saturday: pull the K8, swap over the necessary parts...pressure wash the engine bay...pressure wash the MX-6 tranny (it's a bit dirty) and bolt it up w/ new clutch...install modded brake booster and master cylinder...relocate battery...general engine compartment clean up.

Sunday: Install the ZE...fab intake...fab exhaust...start up on the first try...test drive...BBQ a steak maybe.

Monday: Lazy trip home with no problems of any kind.

Good plan I think.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

lol risky!

how are you going to compression test it? you need to bolt up a tranny to it.

my compression test results came out very bad even though my timing was correct. i ran the car for a bit, about a minute. and compression tested it again and it came out perfect.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I asked him to leave the stock auto tranny bolted up. I will power up the starter on the ground and put a shot of oil in each cylinder. I figure even cold I should get 150 - 170psi straight across. If I get a situation like you had with one bad cylinder...I'll just chance it. If there are multiple bad cylinders I'll have a decision to make I guess.

I'm old. I've pulled a lot of wrenches in my day. doing the work in that time is not an issue...the quality of the engine is the only big worry.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

so since most of u are doing the swap of in the middle of it can you give me some ointers to the harness just i dont what to mess up so any helps much apresiated
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

got the ze today not in the best shap couple broken sensors and a couple of other miner things that have to be replaced anyways o almost for got mr tb is recked but o well i got a deal so my last question is does the cruse line go i have looked on work logs and seen were abouts it is but excatly?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”