Help please, mx-3 wont start after swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

cerian_ca wrote:I no nobody who owns an mx.

Anyway, I charged the battery for the whole night and my CEL resurect

I got my codes too

5 knock sensor (but I cleared, and it's gone)

9 coolant temperature sensor (it's broken since yesterday)

25 fuel pressure regulator control solenoid

41 vris 1

46 vris 2

i don't know what's wrong with the vris, and I don't know where is the fuel pressure regulator control solenoid.
the codes your pulling you cant really hold to much "truth" to what they are saying simply because the motor hasnt ran yet, if they are pulling codes, it might be because they are not hooked up or the solenoids themself are bad.

are you sure your getting fuel, maybe you have your fuel lines backwards,

fuel pressure regulator control solenoid is the solenoid that goes from the intake and controls the fpr, k8s and kldes use them, ze dont.

code 9 just pull your old sensor off your k8, it will work (if you have it)

if you cleared the knock sensor code then dont worry about it unless it comes back (could very well be why it wont start up)

If you never checked the compression per cyl you should go ahead and do that now, just to make sure its not an internal issue, plus this is something you sorta wanted to check before you even installed the motor. just to be sure the motor was good.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
cerian_ca

Post by cerian_ca »

the coolant temp is okay now, I fixed it

I have fuel anyway, I'm getting pretty sure my distributor's having issues, I tested it and the primary coil winding and it's not within the spec (1.3ohms instead of .73ohms max) I wonder if the hei mod would fix that??
MRoy
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The HEI is the ignitor, but adding an external coil would/should fix it i that is your problem. However, all the MX-3 distys I've tested did not test within specs, but were working distys. I am still stumped as to how they tested bad, but ran...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
cerian_ca

Post by cerian_ca »

I changed the fuel pressure [...] solenoid, and it started, not so good but it started, and my two vris solenoid are gone, i replaced one (only had another one) and it helps, the only code that's left is 46 (one vris)

But my timing belt tensioner was gone too and I had to replace it this morning, the timing belt was springing and oil came out from the rear head cover, I opened it all up to see that the last "holder" b4 the cam pulley was loose, I don't know if it loosed up because of the springing or if I forgot to tighten it down while putting the k8 cam.. I was worried that it would have break everything but it's all okay..

After putting back the intake and changing the last bad solenoid it should run like a champ Thanks all!
MRoy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”