Sparkplug Wires

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:WOW W.T.F. those are really not the prices we get down in the dirty south..... stock wires 100....STOCK.....where can you get the msd's..... are you sure 100???????

As you know rudy, msd is local to el paso tx. Just go to their offices and ask about em :) yeah its 100 bucks if u get the generic wires and crimp them yourself. Lifetime warranty.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
*Y*

The search thing is just stupid.

Post by *Y* »

I am tired of people telling me to just search the forum all the time. The search function is just pointless in its current form. It brings up pages and pages of results with no relevance to the query. One is better of using google to search this board. Fix the search function and then maybe people will start searching more often, eh?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I am tired of people telling me to just search the forum all the time. The search function is just pointless in its current form. It brings up pages and pages of results with no relevance to the query. One is better of using google to search this board. Fix the search function and then maybe people will start searching more often, eh?
Or.. take the time to figure it out. It works just fine if you know what your doing.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Tunes67 wrote:
Or.. take the time to figure it out. It works just fine if you know what your doing.

Tunes67
The second problem is most people born after about 1985 seem to be less and less able to do things for themself. Everything now is instant gratifcation, I want it now and I want someone else to do it for me. I get a laugh at the store 10-15 years ago 80% of the guys walking in the door had some clue what they were talking about. Today you have these kids walk and say I'm going to do this to my car or my doing that then buy a set of light bulbs and come back in and say how do you install them and say that to hard can someone do it for me. The funnies thing is when you see these kids around their friends their bragging about how easy it was to modified this or modified that.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Your right on the money there Yoda.. I used to think it was amusing when people would complain about how many responses the search engine turns up... but thats why its called RESEARCH. Its not supposed to be fast or instant. But the information is there and there is tons of it. I dont bother answering most of the posts that have been answered multiple times especially when I know the original poster didnt bother to spend more than 10 minutes of his own time doing his own research.

Sorry for the rant :rant2:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
*Y*

Post by *Y* »

Hey guys,

I can do stuff for myself, thank you very much. Please don't take offense guys, I love you all. I was just commenting that the search function can be improved a lot and that then maybe people will use it more often. I mean, guys, come on we live in the 21st century, not back in the bulletin board era. You might as well give me a list of all the threads ever started on here and say "the answers are there, just look for them". But I hope you all realize that this is not the point of a forum. There are many places online where you can find this type of information, but we came here because over all it is more convenient and we all share, i hope, a passion for the 3.
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

given the volume of stuff in the forums now (compared to several years back) it might be a good idea to change the default search to 'all these words' intead of 'any of these words' that would tend to make multi-word searches turn up better results. (e.g. closer to google)

of course anyone that searches a forum that's basically discussing car stuff, on the word 'engine' deserves the fibber mgee's closet of results they are going to get..

Yes, I just made a reference to an old Radio Show.. I'm (compared to most of you) and old fart.. deal.
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”