Joined Army.

Off-Topic Discussions
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

"It's the infantry that are dumb "

My best friend signed up straight infantry and went over to iraq for 2 years came back this year and is again going back at the end of the year. He is by know means dumb. Infantry are the guys that have the balls to step up and say yeah put me on the front lines let someone else hide behind their tanks and computers. They are the ones making it easier for you to rive your tanks thru the cities over there without having to worry about being bombarded. So before you come on here saying who is dumb step back and look at who paves the way over there!
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Ive got to smile at this, Im surprised John is staying quiet

Its good to see you have joinned your National Force and
are preparing for Bootcamp.

Take it from an old crewdog

Smile, play very dumb cos that way you get told exaxtly what to do
( don't bother thinking your Sargent major does this )

NEVER VOLUNTARY, its always a crap one that the navy have refused

If its a hiss its close, if its a zing its a dam sight closer.
and if its wet and running down your leg your either pissed
yourself or been shot.

Oh chick's dig scars and tat's
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Training before basic

Post by jschrauwen »

JapesMooney wrote:Speaking as someone who has done basic [albeit a good stretch of time ago] I'd really recommend concentrating on improving your running and push-ups in the time that you have left. Concentrate on the running - it's a great feeling finishing up your morning PT and being less winded than your instructors...
I'll second that suggestion. I'm in my 34th year of service ........ and can it with the jokes. I still beat or keep up with the 20 year olds too when it comes to my annual PT test. It's never to late to start a career in the military. Within 9 months of initially signing up I was told I was going to deploy to Cyprus but got delayed 2 months due to Turkey's invasion of that island. Since then I've done tours in Egypt, Sinai (beside Gaza) and Bosnia. I'm working at getting a final tour in Afghanistan next year. There were other entertaining places that I was able to travel through too - Germany, France, Holland, England, Israel and Norway. I've been and lived, courtesy of the military, from one end of this Country to the other and have no regrets!!!
I started out in the Infantry for 6 years and then after it got a little repetitive, I switched over to Air Traffic Control - GO AIR FORCE!!!

And good luck Lakersfan1!!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Off-Topic”