Joined Army.

Off-Topic Discussions
lakersfan1

Joined Army.

Post by lakersfan1 »

Just joined the Army this last week to drive a tank and blow s--- up. I'm sick of the private sector with suck benefits, and layoffs every other month to pad stockholder's pockets. So if you guys don't see me for the next 6 months, you know where I'm at while I'm in Basic and Tank school. I've got a week and a half to get into respectable shape before I ship out to Basic Training.

As-Salaam Alaikum fools!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man, I am going to miss your constructive critisism :) Good luck and have fun man, keep us updated.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

solo_ryder wrote:Man, I am going to miss your constructive critisism
:werd:
Stay safe in the sand box.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

an I have your mx3?

good luck
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

hgallegos915 wrote:an I have your mx3?

good luck
Hell no. You'll set it on fire! :lol: When I get out of Basic and Advanced training, I should have over $20K between my pay, housing, and the initial payment of my $21K signing bonus, so I'm going to get my paint taken care of properly, new tires ..... it should be pretty pimp by the time I'm assigned a station.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

mr1in6billion wrote:
Hell. After today's news, maybe I'll be taking over North Korea instead.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

lakersfan1 wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote:

if Bush decides to go into North Korea he truly is retarded. He cant afford to stretch the army any thinner
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

johnnyb wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:
mr1in6billion wrote: :werd:

if Bush decides to go into North Korea he truly is retarded. He cant afford to stretch the army any thinner
The Army is not stretched thin. It's that it's a guerilla war against random residents, in a country that has nothing to loose. The military can take out Kim Jong Il and his cronies, which is all we need to do. The North Koreans WANT to reunite with South Korea.

Iraq on the other hand is already comprised of three fighting factions. Sadaam was the only thing keeping the three from fighting each other. We are the ones that started the Civil War there.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if its not streched thin then explain why they are complaining they dont have enough new recruits and they need to keep sending back the same people to do 3 or 4 tours of duty or extending the tours of the current people there.

Simple answer, they don't have enough people to rotate.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

johnnyb wrote:if its not streched thin then explain why they are complaining they dont have enough new recruits and they need to keep sending back the same people to do 3 or 4 tours of duty or extending the tours of the current people there.

Simple answer, they don't have enough people to rotate.
If we had 4 times as many people, you can't do s--- about an entire country full of people that don't want you there unless you're willing to go far enough to commit genocide on the whole damned country. But we're not willing to go that far. In fact, soldiers are now getting court martialed en masse for killing Iraqis. That's why I picked a tank. I just get my firing orders, point, and shoot. No trigger pulling decisions will be made by me, and all intel will come from somewhere else. I'm not going to jail for doing my job.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Ya I just joined the air force But I am going to stay back and workon some jet engines but I did put down aerial gunner. Don't worry keeping the MX-3!
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Air Force? I hope you got a signing bonus. The Army was giving like $15,000 total signing bonus for some of the helicopter repair jobs. :P

My sister is in the Air Force and talked me out of it. I also met a couple people at the Physical Exam that were discharged from the Air Force and decided to reup with the Army instead because they do less boring work. And in the Army, I'll probably be the smartest Enlisted out there with all the idiots I was processed with from my Army's recruiter's. They were all just D-U-M-B.

I guess at least Air Force boot camp is shorter. I just got back from running just now, and I'm dying. I only have another 10 days to get in shape before I ship. The push-ups and sit-ups I can do more than double the entrance required, and easily meet the final physical standards. But running? I only need a freaking 8:30 mile to get in, and I can't even do that right now. I don't know if I need to pace better, or what, but I'm out of juice after a half mile. I'm sure when push comes to shove, I can do the single mile in a 8:30 and pass out at the finish ...... but when the final PT run comes, I need a 17:30 two mile. Endurance at speed is not my forte. Never was. Guess they've got 8 weeks to get me to pass.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

AhhA!!, you are happy that they are dumb. You are going to depend on them to keep your life and you call them dumb and that is a good thing??? Whew, I know I'm blowing this out of proportion, but think a bit about what you said.
Secondly, good luck and hope that you don't get stationed out of the country. A buddy of mine and a MOCA member just joined the army and got shipped to Germany for his term right after he finshed his schooling. Needless to say his GTR (yes, real GTR) motor is being grabbed at by every MOCA member.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

PATDIESEL wrote:AhhA!!, you are happy that they are dumb. You are going to depend on them to keep your life and you call them dumb and that is a good thing??? Whew, I know I'm blowing this out of proportion, but think a bit about what you said.
Secondly, good luck and hope that you don't get stationed out of the country. A buddy of mine and a MOCA member just joined the army and got shipped to Germany for his term right after he finshed his schooling. Needless to say his GTR (yes, real GTR) motor is being grabbed at by every MOCA member.
I don't care. I'll be in a tank. All the guys giving firing orders and s--- should be plenty smart. It's the infantry that are dumb ..... but they can't touch me in a tank 10 miles from the combat area. :) Just as long as my cannon crew is safe around the Howitzer, I'll be fine.
JapesMooney

Training before basic

Post by JapesMooney »

Speaking as someone who has done basic [albeit a good stretch of time ago] I'd really recommend concentrating on improving your running and push-ups in the time that you have left. Concentrate on the running - it's a great feeling finishing up your morning PT and being less winded than your instructors...
95 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl B6 DOHC

Return to “Off-Topic”