how many people would be interested in a Megasquirt GB ?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: whatttt

Post by jschrauwen »

Redlined wrote:Read the links and am further more lost than I was before I read the topic... If someone would fill me in on this megasquirting phenom I would gladly purchase it if it would work on a bpt! Is it some sort of thing that would allow me to not buy a SAFC or a haltech?
Try Probetalk for a more down to earth application wrt BP and KL application. I currently have one configured for a BPT that I may sell so that I'll go for a completely finished KL type system. MegaSquirt is basically an after-market engine management system that if completely followed through will replace your ECU. With the aid of predetermined maps you can constantly control air/fuel mixtures, spark and all other peripherals that the ECU would do but only better. An excellent tuning tool that's capable of controlling up to 12 injectors. Like I said, Probetalk forums on engine electrical will shed some better light on the subject.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

OK, for those that thought reading some of that MSnS stuff was way over your head than this is probably the package you want. Just got a pm from Ryanpzz giving me an extra heads up on a new GB that's about to happen soon on PT. A completely new type of MSnS that's virtually idiot (John) proof ... LOL. As the link will explain there is virtually little to NO wire cutting or splicing involved whatsoever ....in essance a true plug n play. I like this one very much and I'm definitely going to be in on this one. The difference on this one is that the old ECU is retained and I'll even speculate that this can very well be a plug n play for the 1.8L V6 as well. This means I'll have my 4cyl configured one up for sale soon. Any way, here's a link that gives the specifics and details. Enjoy.
http://ryand2.cjb.net/MSbulkbuy/index.html
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

mm mwonder if they'll have an option for us who already has V1 of MS. coil packs are definatly in my future :)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'd be interested if we could get a direct plug in with spark, fuel, IAC, and dual wideband setup. I don't care either way if it's wired to work with or without a VAF. But if I'm going to have to do custom work on part of it, I might as well do the whole thing from scratch. And I don't mind stock disty use. In fact, it might be better because you can use the cam position sensor.
deathman

Post by deathman »

i got one installed on my probe, it give you complete controll over ever part of your engine. if you can read you can do it yourself, the hard part for was just getting over how hard it was going to be. as soon as i made the last connection, i took a break, payed & started the car up. it didn't run perfect but it did run, after a couple hours of tuneing it ran better. on probetalk there are alot of people that have done the same thing so all you need to do is find someone that has near the same setup as you & get there msq file & you almost setup & ready to run
it's on the probe are now, but it's moving to the mx3 soon.
m62 suercharger, megasqurit, headers,custom exh. 9lb. flywheel, stage3 clutch, & so much more.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1301296/1
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ya spada as a got one for a n/a klze, but I don't think he's giving it to anybody anymore.
shaodome gave me at first a base map for boost (don't know from who car was). I just adjusted it to my likings and really there was nothing to it.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I'm waiting to hear back from Shaodome or Ryanpzz after Shaodome asked what specific applications I was looking for. Not sure if he's tied up with MM8 in Myrtle Beach or is a little reluctant to be timely with me as I mentioned that I own an MX and not a Probe. I've found that it does make a difference on PT if they are aware that you own an MX and not a Probe wrt to assisting posts and help ( the lack there of I mean).

LF1, I believe that link I posted should be able to clarify whether or not it would meet your needs.

Steve, the lack of getting maps and specific files from other boosted PT members may be due in part because of what I just said - knowing that you're an MX owner and not a Probe owner .... but that's just speculation on my part. It made a difference for me when I changed the info in my signature block and removed any info regarding the MX. FWIW.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

mmm that strange, I never had a problem with getting info on there and always had MX3 in my sig somewhere.
I don't think they don't provide the maps to anybody now not because we have a mx3 but with the problems they had.
I.e. Spada gave his map to another guy and run with it wihtout modding anything and blew up something, and he blamed it on spada. so that's why he doesn't give it to anyone anymore.
though the engine makes the difference with MS not the acutal car so wether you have a mx-3 or probe it's the same with the software (not the actual wiring diagram)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

babyblueMX3 wrote:mmm that strange, I never had a problem with getting info on there and always had MX3 in my sig somewhere.
I don't think they don't provide the maps to anybody now not because we have a mx3 but with the problems they had.
I.e. Spada gave his map to another guy and run with it wihtout modding anything and blew up something, and he blamed it on spada. so that's why he doesn't give it to anyone anymore.
though the engine makes the difference with MS not the acutal car so wether you have a mx-3 or probe it's the same with the software (not the actual wiring diagram)
I can see if we're comparing apples to oranges wrt Probe vs MX. But when it comes to wiring like on a KL engine (Probe or MX), isn't the wiring going to be the same. Since the wiring affected will be limited to specfic items like O2 sensors, water thermosensors, fan control, spark control, fuel/injector control and not other car management systems that I believe may be different between the Probe and MX. If we're dealing specifically with those items, you're saying the wiring is or could be different? I mean when I send in my KL31 ECU to be updated with MS with a few options for my MX-ZE, your saying that it would be different than if a probe owner sent in his KL31 ECU for the same options and request for his Probe-ZE?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I did my own diagram without bothering looking at the one for the probe but whaty you say is true..wiring should be the same
I just check the wires I had to connect, check our ecu pin out, and found the pin I had to tapp.
but ya John wiring should be the same if they are swapable.
BUT colours WILL be different, that's for sure when looking at a probe diagram
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

babyblueMX3 wrote:I did my own diagram without bothering looking at the one for the probe but whaty you say is true..wiring should be the same
I just check the wires I had to connect, check our ecu pin out, and found the pin I had to tapp.
but ya John wiring should be the same if they are swapable.
BUT colours WILL be different, that's for sure when looking at a probe diagram
OK, I feel better now ... whew!!!! Colour code differences again shouldn't be a problem since it's supposed to be a plug and play affair - for the most part.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”