Fun poll about our Cars

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

How many times do you consider selling your MX3?

A few times now...
28%
Once a month
3%
Once a week
5%
Few times a week
8%
Daily
10%
NEVER!!
46%

Total votes: 39

neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

relisys_3200 wrote:Ya I know when your alone in your garage you rub your car and talk to it better then you'd talk to your girl friend. "oooo those new tail lights make your A$$ look sooo damn sexy." I know everyone does this 8)
Ohhhhhhhh... Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. :lol:
Image -Jim
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ive thought about ti too many times to be honest i think it all started about 6 months after i got it when both front coil springs snapped in half and the passenger rear 1 was in like 6 pieces that hurt alot with 1500 for the new springs and struts and a tires since the springs in the front gouged the tires down to the wires. then the headgasket blew up and well that was another 1000 then the first transmission in febuary went and i was just ready to pack her up and sell her as is then i got a used tranny then who woulda guessed it that 1 blew just after using it for 3 weeks so that pretty much had the for sale sign then i rebuilt the tranny thinkin it wont go and well i was right and 3 weeks ago my oil pump quit so i didnt even think about selling it this time cuz i have soooo much money put in to her i gotta bring her back to life and well that leads up to the present where i am still waiting for the B6T to arrive with the 2 free transmissions. and trust me i ll never sell her after this :D its gonna be back with a vengance this time :twisted:
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

A few times a week here. Its only because ive driven it maybe 10 times for a total of 50 miles in the past year, due to s--- breaking. First it was Headgasket/turbo. Then Disty/electrical problems.
Now its the f---ing oil pump which i bought from reichracing july 18th only to have UPS lose it, So now i sit here waiting for my refund from ups because they refuse to believe it was there fault. But im either going to buy a rebuilt unit through reich or i might go with the mazdaspeed pump from corksport.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I though about selling mine very seriously.... 1 time. That was when my tranny blew out while I was moving from St.Louis to Atlanta about a month and a half ago. She went out on the highway.... 200 miles outside of where I was coming from. I was so ticked off, but I thought about how much fun I've had with her........ and I thought about all the things I bought for her..... and I decided to just chew the fat, and get her fixed ASAP.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

well anyone who starts to hate there MX let me know and I will take it off your hands LOL
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

No no, don't get me wrong... I am not about to sell my car... just sometimes when problems (even small ones) load up, I think about what a waste of money this car is.

..and then I drive it and I realize that its not a waste because I LOVE my car... I was just curious whether I was alone on this one..

BTW I thought I had put a Never option but it didnt show up :roll: weird..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I can see the NEVER option...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Jettblackcat

Post by Jettblackcat »

Just purchased my car this june, took her for a test drive about 5 years ago when my brother in law bought it.... told him if he ever wanted to sell it to see me first... didn't think it would take him sooooo long to get tired of it.
92 MX-3 GS, RED, custom short ram intake, headers (not installed yet), HEI conversion, external coil, Need more $$ for a ZE (donations graciously accepted).
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

nos92mx3 wrote:Now its the farking oil pump which i bought from reichracing july 18th only to have UPS lose it, So now i sit here waiting for my refund from ups because they refuse to believe it was there fault. But im either going to buy a rebuilt unit through reich or i might go with the mazdaspeed pump from corksport.
Good luck with this. I sent a spoiler to Jay here on the site, and when he got it, it was broken in half! I had it insured, and I still haven't seen a dime of that insurance yet.
No more MX-3.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I think of selling mine a couple times a week

Is it me, or is it that the MX3 is really un-realiable?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Your car is 12yrld old, it's hardly unreliable...there's bound to be stuff breaking at this point, it's inevitable
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

My car has caused so much trouble over the 3 years i owned it that i cant wait to get rid of it. Just about everything that can possibly go wrong with a car, has gone wrong with this one. This car has soooo many COMMON problems its not even funny.
I am getting a brand new car in the next 6 months and the mx3 is going to be the winter beater.

Sorry i dont have anything positive to say about these cars, but thats just been my experience :(
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Your car is 12yrld old, it's hardly unreliable...there's bound to be stuff breaking at this point, it's inevitable
But when you are barely reaching 100k miles and you have the tranny go out on you along with some other stuff going out, that is not acceptable, even from a 12year old car.
Heck, my brother's SN95 has more miles then my MX3, he drives that thing hard and he hardly ever gets any problems with it.
My sister's 95 Toyota Corolla has more miles, nothing going bad.

Do I think of selling my car? Yes, a couple times a week. But I love the way it drives so I can never push myself to do it.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

as of late i've been thinking of parting mine out....but i dunno

selling it as it is would be a huge waste. I have so many rare as f0ck parts on my car that cost me a lot of effort/time/money to install and source that it'd be retarded to sell the car to some assclown for 3000 or whatever its worth with it all installed.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Macen

Post by Macen »

NEVER (hopefully). I have spent much money on my MX, and I want to keep it as long as possible.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”