A call out to the "ZE" Gods!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well as of yeasterday the disty works and still the car didn't start so I called in a favour from a the technicans over at Mazda and sent my car there for a week while I'm on Vacation. Hopfully they can figure out my problem so I can fix it. I'll be away for a week so I'll let you guys know what happens then. Thanks for all the suggestions, and help!
msequence

Post by msequence »

I am dying to figure out what they find out...
Green Metallic Sparkle 1994 KLZE Mazda Mx6 - Show car / 1992 KLZE - MS08 MX3 - Daily driver
msequence

Post by msequence »

wiring harness.. bad ground or short fries.. connectors to the fuse box.. either effecting the main fuse or the main fuse connectors.. one of my fuse box connectors is fried to kingdom come..

Matt
Green Metallic Sparkle 1994 KLZE Mazda Mx6 - Show car / 1992 KLZE - MS08 MX3 - Daily driver
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well I've kept you in suspense long enough. I went in to work today after being off for a week on vacation and my car was back from Mazda and sitting in the shop. So I thought yeah, my car is fixed, my boss took one look at me, lowered his head and I said "what's wrong", he said "Trev it still doesnt work", I said "what do you mean, have we figured anything out?". Then he told me that a wire inside the dash running from the ECU to the distributor had shorted out so I didnt even bother trying to start it, we pushed it out of the shop for the day and began to work on customers cars. Little did I know this was my bosses idea of fun!!!! Half way through the day he sent me on a bank run, I asked him if there were any cars that needed to be taken on a test drive because the shop car was blocked in, thats when he said "why dont you take that white mazda out there" (meaning my car). I looked at him with a questionable look and said "but it doesnt run, you told me it doesnt work" He then looked at me with a smile and said it's the only thing that runs and the can be pulled out! So I grabed my keys ran out and sure enough IT STARTED UP!!! The problem was a wire that had shorted out under the dash and Mazda Fixed it while I was away!
msequence

Post by msequence »

Bingo.. I just put a brand new wiring harness in mine..and it fires up like a charm

Mattski

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”