Will pay for civic projectors fitted for mx-3

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Like I said - if you find THE RIGHT LIGHTS, they work without cutting the car itself - and only some relatively minor reshaping of the light body itself.

There are at least five styles of 01-03 Civic lights out there - that's how many I've seen while searching for my own. There's at least one of those variants that has a housing that works better for our cars - or at least featured a run of them that did.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Chronicle-Rod wrote:Like I said - if you find THE RIGHT LIGHTS, they work without cutting the car itself - and only some relatively minor reshaping of the light body itself.

There are at least five styles of 01-03 Civic lights out there - that's how many I've seen while searching for my own. There's at least one of those variants that has a housing that works better for our cars - or at least featured a run of them that did.
i am skeptical on this... if they are all direct bolt ons for the same car, i would expect that the fitment would be the same.

of course if you happen to kno 100% which ones, i'm all ears
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

mitmaks wrote:Theres few shows in Seattle area that Ill be attending. Btw SE-Man your exhaust sounds nice
Yea, everyone thats heard it loves it, I have dronning in the car when I'm driving, but hey I'm deaf (and its going to be retired off the road soon too)so it really don't matter as long as it scares off the Hondas LOL. I have that turbo in the shed waiting to go on (getting adapters made now) I hope it doesn't jack up my sound. And if you want me to help install some projectors and don't mind the cutting method, just buy them and let me know when you'll be around.

http://www.probe-enthusiast.com/forums/ ... #post17442

On the projectors, I can't see how any make can make a differance, a civic only is able to put the adjustments inone area making it the same for all headlights, unless maybe theirs a fixed ajustment set out their. Its mostly in the lens shape that makes it an impossiblity. I've checked the board and no one has managed to get them in without cutting the sheet metal, or really butchering their lenses. Like I said its just easyer to start from scratch with the stock ones.
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Someone had one on cardomain that showed putting them in with only minor cutting. His lights, unfortunately looked nothing like mine - which took cutting.

Somewhere out there, there's a set that only requires cutting down the roughly 1.5" that it needs to fit in the original mount location. Good luck finding them though, I gave up.
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

I can't find your exhaust sound clip, is it linked from you cardomain or not? I'm very interested to hear a dual-exhaust MX-3. :twisted:
'95 RS: RIP
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Oh, he heard it in person, I don't have a clip. And like I posted prior, I'm deaf and unable to determine if I have a good enough audio clip to even post one. I'm sure I could prolly get some one to do one for me, but thats a PIA. Most honda owners have got a good veiw of it as well as sound quality, but if your ever in the area I love to show off my car.

And due remember, a V6 sounds alot different then a I4, as dose a V8, they all have a very distinced sound. I've been told it sounds simular to a modded Ford SHO exhaust, but I can't tell ya.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”