Will pay for civic projectors fitted for mx-3

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Will pay for civic projectors fitted for mx-3

Post by mitmaks »

i would like anyone to customize civic headlights to fit my mx-3, anyone willing to do it. pleae post or im me.
thanks
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

I don't think civic projectors can be modded to bolt directly in. From my reading, I've concluded cutting into the surrounding frame is a must. Anyone feel free to contradict me, I'd love to be able to fit mine well without cutting my car.
'95 RS: RIP
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

Apparently if you can find JUST the right style of Civic projectors - there are several variants within the 01-03 spectrum - you just need to do some fairly minor trimming, relatively speaking, to the light housing and they'll bolt in easily enough.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

good luck finding someone man. if you do, lmk, i was lookin for someone myself awhile back. didnt get much of a response then either. i think this mod is just too much a PITA for anyone to be interested in doing it for any mx other than their own.

i think i'll be giving it a shot soon, so maybe i'll take you up on it if all goes well. on the other hand... maybe i'll feel the same way once i go thru it all...

gl
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

what about hec?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

MarkMoore wrote:what about hec?
didnt seem interested at the time.... :?
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Do it yourself. Its not impossible. Whose car should be better: The one who puts time, blood, sweat, and tears into their car? Or the rich kid who can afford to buy everything whatever the price. Its not fair. Take a chance, you'll be happier with the fruits of your own labors.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Im not RICH kid and not really kid anymore...22 y/o. I dont wanna screw it up and would trust someone else who's done a set or two before successfully
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Whose car should be better: The one who puts time, blood, sweat, and tears into their car? Or the rich kid who can afford to buy everything whatever the price.
My moneys on the rich kids.....
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

There's no way you can make the Civic lights fit by just cutting them alone. You have to cut inside the fender, so they can slip in enough, so the hood will come down.

I focused on not cutting the bumper support like others did, and with alot of stress, got lucky. This is something you really need to do yourself.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

My point is that it would cost far more than it would be worth. And if someone can pay that much, they might as well do the work themselves. I've said on some other posts that you could buy 4 or 5 sets of lights for that price. That's plenty of lights to try and maybe mess up, or maybe get it right. Honestly you could probably do it right the first time, but at most it should only take 2 tries.

If you're still not confident in yourself, quote us a price to fly to WA to do the cutting work on your car, and labor (the body shop that did my bodykit & paint charged I think $40 an hour). Oh and the lights are probably like $120 on ebay.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

First off he's not some "rich kid", he's a pretty cool guy. If your ever out my way and don't mind the cut & bolt method I'll help ya out, I know the body cuts. My car got f-d up last time I drove to Spokan, so unless its life or death, I'm not heading that way again.

BTW, from what I've read just modding the lights and not the sheet metal is almost impossible.
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

i saw a mx the other day with the projector mod, in a show room, and i talked to the guy who did it and he used 01 civic projectors he swears all he cut is the lights themselves! Man whatever he did they were sweet! :werd:
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I'm gonna have to say BS on that. Just looked at mine, just to see, without cutting the frame you'd have to remove the turnsignal slot, do alot of fiberglassing and repair, make a new front lensfust for starters, not to mention you'd have to fix ajustment becauseyou'd have to remove the area that the ajustment scews go. Hell, I'd would be easyer to start from scatch and make projectors out of the stock headlights than do the civic mod without cutting the body.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Theres few shows in Seattle area that Ill be attending. Btw SE-Man your exhaust sounds nice

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”