axle SHAFT being a B**ch see Pg2

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
andy

Post by andy »

I've had good luck with the 6' pipe on a quality breaker bar and the wife standing on the breaks.

Andy P. 93 GS
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

ok well the breaker bar finally did it..... i had no extension and i had to jump up and down on it until i just about passed out, but they both came off :oops:

now heres my story of the drivers side axle :

after prying and prying i couldnt get the damn thing out of the tranny, so after a couple hours i put a long screwdriver in where the int. shaft was and hammered it, but it wouldnt budge... another 2 hours later i was just about to get my grinder and cut the damn axle so i could pull the engine when i decided i would see if i could remove the motor with the axle still attached, and it took some manuvering and prying but i got it out..... now the engine is on the ground and i wedge my prybar in there again and pick up my big frigin hammer in the other hand and i wail on the prybar till i turn blue and the mother F***** dosent move a fraction of an inch !

not that i really care cus the whole pos tranny is going to the dump, butwhat the hell was up with that axle ?? :?:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
92GS_STL_MO

Post by 92GS_STL_MO »

The problem you are encountering with getting that bad boy, is that little circlip/axle clip (looks like a piece of 2.5-3mm wire bent into almost a complete circle) only way to seperate the two, is put a GOOD prybar in between 'em and give it h__! I had the same problems removing the nut as everyone else, you know aircompressors have so many uses, I broke down and got my air tools (remember you get what you pay for ESPECIALLY with impact driven tools). My first motor swap I did on my own (well started off on my own lol@self I did the removal of the old motor lol) I had it up in the air and stripped, ARGGGGHH I forgot to undo the axle nuts first, I had to take the whole mess (sterring knuckles, hubs, axles, midshaft for pass side) to the maint guys at my work to grind the nuts off. I wasn't worried about the axles though I was using them for cores. If you are taking the time to replace the pass side axle make sure you replace the midshaft bearing and seals, they cost like $60.00 altogether from the local mazda dealer. Everytime I replacced the driverside...then the passenger side...still making noise GRRR the half-shaft! just a suggestion though.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

ok I'll keep that in mind on the bearing and seals..... but i am in fact replacing both axles and pting a different mid shaft in because my car is automatic and im converting it to manual...... anyways thanks for the tip and look for many more of my posts in the near future b----ing about all the problems im having :lol: (lets hope not)

EDIT: I just noticed you have THREE mx3's and 2 are DE powered ? :2thumbsup: how bout some pics ?
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”