01-03 Civic projector fitment *pics*

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
papa roached

Re: 01-03 Civic projector fitment *pics*

Post by papa roached »

lets see.... why is he doing it? Because we have no other semi-easy projector headlight swaps
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Originally posted by papa roached:
lets see.... why is he doing it? Because we have no other semi-easy projector headlight swaps

he didnt have to copy someone elses style by doing civic head light conversion. besides it would be easier to retrofit those projector lenses into his stock housings. its easier then body work and hacking up the car. not to mention wil is a huge honda basher whenever i mention the word honda or something made by it
Originally posted by Joe's 94 RS:
Originally posted by Steeb:
its understandable that everyones car already looks pretty much exactly the same due to the lack of body kits. is it necessary to copy someone elses civic headlight conversion? sorry but cmon now?? can we have some originality on this board? on the side note, everyone bashes hondas on this board and we all know it, so why would u, one of the biggest honda haters here, want to put civic headlights on?
Im sure you have done the same in some form or another steeb. Please keep the comment to yourself or PM the person you are referring to. Theres no need to crap up this helpful HOW TO thread Gro Harlem has gone out on a limb to post for others that are interested in this swap.

Thanks -Joe
check out my riced out car in all its glory in the link in my sig then tell me my car is riced out. i know hes going out on a lim to post this for others that are interested. what happened to originalliy. look my comment on originality is not as bad as posting my true feelings about this kind of identity crisis car. we here on this board laugh at cavaliers geo metros etc with headlight conversions yet most of us would do the same thing to our own cars. but anyway back to the point ORIGIONALITY find some for all those of u that are interested.

<small>[ May 13, 2004, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Steeb ]</small>
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

id be down for a how to retrofit civic projector or other types of projector lense to a mx3 housing but someone did this to be different. be creative
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

yes nope it does make it easier for you in the fact that you dont have to cut you headlight harness apart and solider in a new socket....
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

id be down for a how to retrofit civic projector or other types of projector lense to a mx3 housing but someone did this to be different. be creative
Someone also had a carbon fiber hood fitted on to their MX-3 to be different Steeb. Where was your creativity then? :shrug: This is what people do, your no better than the rest of us. These Civic headlights are a quite a step up from factory MX-3 headlight performance and appearance. These aftermarket headlights were not produced by honda, they were just fitted to the shape of civic headlights. After many failed attempts at having different companys produce aftermarket MX-3 headlights, many of us are growing impatient and resorting to retrofitting on a small, Do-it-yourself scale.
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

if this was a retro fit id be all over it like flies on ****. this is NOT a retrofit. joe, my cf hood is awaiting track days. this hood is not likely to see the streets anytime soon since its been sitting in my room since i got it. only reason i have pics is i was the first to recieve it from the first bulk buy and jarid asked for pics. im down for tasteful appearence mods and i make sure people on this board with nice mx3's know i think its nice. personally i think wils mx is one of the best looking around right now (preheadlight conversion since its not a retrofit). im obviously not a fan of headlight conversions especially from other brand cars but thats not the point im making.

all that is besides my point but you (joe) keep mentioning it. you dont see my point joe? the only thing im saying is GET SOME ORIGINALITY. not only that, you obviously dont know the difference between retrofit and conversion and maybe honda didnt make them but they were made for a honda. go slap a mugen body kit and a mugen spoiler on your car to make it all match... or not, since someone might actually do it...
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

might i add... small scale=fitting them to your housings and putting them back on the car
fitting them to your car=hack it up, weld, fill, repaint blah blah blah have permenant identity crisis car that every other mx3 owner is trying to copy
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

"Someone also had a carbon fiber hood fitted on to their MX-3 to be different Steeb. Where was your creativity then? :shrug: This is what people do, your no better than the rest of us. These Civic headlights are a quite a step up from factory MX-3 headlight performance and appearance. These aftermarket headlights were not produced by honda, they were just fitted to the shape of civic headlights. After many failed attempts at having different companys produce aftermarket MX-3 headlights, many of us are growing impatient and resorting to retrofitting on a small, Do-it-yourself scale."

.....It all comes back to that Steeb, theres not much more to say. And as for retrofitting.... I think Dictionary.com would know better than you :werd:
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Yes the person did this conversion but I dont believe it was to be original but for better performance from his lights. Why do I think this? because the original person who did this is willing to explain how its done and if I read the original post correctly is willing to make more for some members on this board. As for fitting projectors to the stock headlights, this isnt as easy as you may think. Not only do you have to modify the housing for the projectors to fit but you also have to modify the lense taking out all those lines you see when you look at the lense. Everyone who says dont do it because it isnt original should take a look at some of the things they have done and then comment. Sometimes we have to use parts from other cars because the aftermarket support for this car isnt the greatest. Steeb you said "maybe honda didnt make them but they were made for a honda. go slap a mugen body kit and a mugen spoiler on your car to make it all match" does this mean that anyone who fitted ZX2 struts into their car should go and put all ford racing parts on their car? they werent even made for our car but we can make them fit with a little bit of modifying. Theres nothing wrong with doing a mod that someone else already did. If they didnt want anyone else to do it dont you think they wouldnt share how to do it?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Originally posted by David Witherow:
hey gro the inner lights are the highs....and the wirring harness should work you are just going to have to modify your stock headlight harness....

what you are going to have to do is
1 go to canadian tire and get two h4 headlight connectors
I don't live in canada...here in the states there are no parts stores as 1337 as canadian tire so i dunno whree to get those harnesses
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

oh ya, steeb.....How is your car original? It has a KLZE swap for godsakes! Wow thats original!

The fact is, everyone here is original in the fact they own an MX3. how many farking MX3's exist anyways? Hardly any, at least in my area. How many people are actually going to do this conversion assuming I do post a how-to? Probably no more than 30 I would think, so how is that being "unoriginal".

<small>[ May 17, 2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Gro Harlem ]</small>
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
I don't live in canada...here in the states there are no parts stores as 1337 as canadian tire so i dunno whree to get those harnesses
Canadian Tire = PepBoys/ AutoZone.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

[quote]Originally posted by Joe's 94 RS:
.....It all comes back to that Steeb, theres not much more to say. And as for retrofitting.... I think Dictionary.com would know better than you :laugh:
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

retrofit
-To install or fit (a device or system, for example) for use in or on an EXISTING STRUCTURE, ESPECIALLY IN AN OLDER DWELLING(STOCK HOUSING)
-To fit into or onto equipment ALREADY IN EXISTANCE OR SERVICE.
-To substitute new or modernized parts or systems for older equipment: an industrial plant that was retrofitting to meet new safety regulations.
its still retrofitting no matter how you look at it....

"To fit into or onto equipment ALREADY IN EXISTANCE OR SERVICE." = fitting a civic projector headlight INTO the existing headlight mounts or ONTO the existing car
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

[/QUOTE]I don't live in canada...here in the states there are no parts stores as 1337 as canadian tire so i dunno whree to get those harnesses[/QUOTE]
Hey Gro, I think I figured out the wiring to the H1 and H3 bulbs and I am thinking of taking out my Mx-3 lightbulbs and rewiring the honda lightbulbs to a toggle switch ... how is your progress coming along ?

<small>[ May 17, 2004, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Gregory Christian ]</small>

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”