what is it about our cars................

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
papa roached

Re: what is it about our cars................

Post by papa roached »

the NX2000 does have a SR20DE in it, no T though but thats easy to add
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
when someone tells me to sell mine i tell them to go screw themselves im keeping it forever
werd of all werds
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

Bet you if they would have started out with the options of the DOHC 4 cyl with 110 HP, then offered a 2.5L KLDE as the upgrade
Problem is, they wouldnt have sold a single Mx-6 if they had done that.

When I bought my Mx3 brand new in '93, the salesperson said to name the price and I would get it (he was about right). He said they just werent selling well. The sticker on mine (1.6, auto, pwr pckge, not much else) was $14,900, I think...? I ended up getting it for $12,000. The GS's were stickered at well over $17,000, and I thought they werent bargaining them down.

They should have made the Mx-6 performance just below the Rx7 using the KLZE (slightly detuned, if need be, to keep it safely behind the Rx7), and upped the Mx-3 performance with the KF or KLDE. The Rx7 was doomed to slow sales for a bunch of reasons (questionable build quality, engines & turbos blowing right and left, high sticker price, etc) but the Mx6 and Mx3 could have gone a long way if Mazda had played their cards right.

Better yet, they should have put a non-turbo 13b in the Mx3 and revived the Rx3 model name. What a car it could have been......
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

or just gone with the KL but ford wouldn't allow it since it would've kicked their probe's azz and taken their sales from them. [/QB]
Very interesting point, however; I'm not sure if that's what really happened. Ford has always a had close relationship with Mazda since 1960s but, did not boost it's stake in Mazda from 22.54% in 1979 to 33.4% until 1996.

A more compelling argument is not that "Ford wouldn't allow" but, Mazda and Ford had mutal interest. This is due to both companies having entered into a new competitive partnership called AutoAlliance International in 1992.
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

Yep, it's that X factor. Every car from that those years minus Mazda's own RX-7 looks like *** now, but we rock. It's worth celebrating for sure. Here's to another 10 years of looking modern! :2thumbsup:
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...

Post by Guest »

Yes, we do have good taste in the vehicle we've chosen.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Tommy v2:
Here's to another 10 years of looking modern! :2thumbsup:
I doubt it, things are moving away from rounded and going square...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Heck, the MX-3 was even in I, Robot !!

What year did Mazda have the slogan "Passion for the Road" ?

Fits it perfectly
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

[quote]Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
[quote]Originally posted by Tommy v2:
Here's to another 10 years of looking modern! :confused2: )
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

When shopping for another vehicle in '95 to replace my '84 Celica I vowed I wouldn't get another hatchback. I had been researching for a year prior and was resolved to find a '93 Civic Coupe SI. I was at the right place at the right time and found a '92 GS with 84,000km for a steal. So much for the Coupe idea. Almost 200,000km later I'm still very happy with my ride. When the white paint decided to delaminate itself from the primer, I repainted it. This past year I felt that there were enough indicators to make me decide whether I was going to find a new vehicle or rejuvinate the mx. NO BRAINER. Car is in getting KLZE, Millinea S IM, aftermarket EM, custom exhaust all the way back, CAI, aftermarket pulley, HP clutch, short shifter, KYB struts, B&G lowering springs, fr and rr strut tower braces etc. I guess that tells you where my heart is and yes a few friends think I'm right out of it. In my 25 years of owning various international brand vehicles, this has been the most satisfying. Of course, aside from riding my one-off Ducati that I pull on a trailer to various club events. Nuff said! :2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

:D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have noticed that my GS easy cruises at over 100 mph. :) Most new cars can not go over 110 mph adn the mx3 can, Ive gone mine to 115 mph (with enough road, el paso tx highways are not that long) Anywho..the GS can crawl to most cars, acords, cavaliers (they cut off at 111 mph, I have 2.) camaros, mustangs u name it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

LOL I dislike driving at high speeds in my MX-3, the gears are just too short to do it. Good though, keeps my stupid *** from being well... stupid.. :driver:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Originally posted by jschrauwen:
Millinea S IM
Don't you mean the 2.5 millenia IM?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The millenia S IM will not fit. must be a mistake.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”