Corrado 2.9 vr6 vs. Mx-3 klze

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
torpedan

Re: Corrado 2.9 vr6 vs. Mx-3 klze

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
Why do you guys keep ranking on Corrados? Maybe I'm a bit partial because I still want one, but the reviews seem fine on them... :shrug:
REview or no review the company has had inherant quality problems. I am not sure how the new ones are doing but as a trend companies dont always get better overnight.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
Why do you guys keep ranking on Corrados? Maybe I'm a bit partial because I still want one, but the reviews seem fine on them... :shrug:
I considered one when I was looking at MX3's and NX2000's, but several people told me about chronic problems (moreso the G60 than the VR6, but both still have chronic problems). Anyways, one guy I knew told me he had his catch on fire before. Then, a few months ago, an acquaintance bought one for a 'daily driver', and his started on fire, too! Only had it a few months and already had to replace the supercharger twice, and the wire harness that started on fire, not to mention lots of other nagging things all over.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

actually I like corrados too but they are far from reliable. I was really pumped to race this guy considering the fact that he has a euro spec vr6 in it but all he could say is "next time bro" :roll: . He is running stock interior and I am
not so maybe he really got cold feet.....who knows.

The rsx on the other hand got a pretty good jump on
me in first but my second gear just stomped him so
hard that I was like 3 car lengths up on him by third. I still respect the rsx cause It was stock w/intake+exaust and It weighs about 3000lbs. :shrug:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked .
Ah the VR's weak link, the tranny. A VW always has a weak point. Tell that guy with the corrado to buy one of the few custom trannys out there for the VR's. They are definitely worth the $.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yeah I also took a RSX typeS, but watch out for them at high speeds. That darn 6th gear will get you at about 110mph. hehe Course I'm sure that my 2 subs and boxes made of 3/4 MDF aren't helping my top end not to mention all the other stereo crap.

<small>[ June 01, 2004, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: PATDIESEL ]</small>
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by PATDIESEL:
Yeah I also took a RSX typeS, but watch out for them at high speeds. That darn 6th gear will get you at about 110mph. hehe Course I'm sure that my 2 subs and boxes made of 3/4 MDF aren't helping my top end not to mention all the other stereo crap.
And i am sure this took place at a track.

Although from my personal expeirces i have not really feared there top end.. or there low end for that fact. I have gone dead even with a all motor one before but have yet to loose.

I dont get to the track much any more given i have to work all the nights i used to go.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Originally posted by mazdubber:
Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked .
Ah the VR's weak link, the tranny. A VW always has a weak point. Tell that guy with the corrado to buy one of the few custom trannys out there for the VR's. They are definitely worth the $.
Agreed on this statement, the Quaiffe six-speed with LSD even though expense at 3000 dollars is worth every penny from what i hear from people who have them in their cars.

Having owned a VR6 corrado i can tell you that the reliability issues are so-so, the car does have a few problems with electrical things, but the engine compared to the g60 is a tank, almost no problems there besides the need for a larger oil cooler. The car though is definitely not meant for daily driving in the slightest bit, but is a good weekend car to have, to work on while you are taking car of the little things that go wrong and make the car annoying.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

corrado's are nice to look at but its one of those cars id rather just look at and not own. rsx-s with bolt ons will dyno close to 190 whp and with a ecu retune close to 200whp. if u beat a rsx-s with bolt ons than either that person couldnt drive or something was wrong with his car. well in the end you still beat him, good job.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Steeb:
corrado's are nice to look at but its one of those cars id rather just look at and not own. rsx-s with bolt ons will dyno close to 190 whp and with a ecu retune close to 200whp. if u beat a rsx-s with bolt ons than either that person couldnt drive or something was wrong with his car. well in the end you still beat him, good job.
You also have to look up what they are against
too, my car is not exactally stock ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i think ull beat the corrado with your ze. the 1.8t is faster than the vr6 in stock and modded form. a ze swapped mx3 should be faster than a lightly modded 1.8t. a lightly modded 1.8t gti is faster than a vr6.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”