Corrado 2.9 vr6 vs. Mx-3 klze

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Sean Mandell

Corrado 2.9 vr6 vs. Mx-3 klze

Post by Sean Mandell »

I will be taking on this corrado at the track this weekend. Who do you think will win?
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Corrado 2.9 vr6 vs. Mx-3 klze

Post by babyblueMX3 »

average ze driver takes it...depending on your mods you should be in the mid/high 14's and a stock corrado should be 15 flat or low 15's...If the corrado is modded tho could be a close race
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

That should be a really good race if theres any mods done to that Corrado. Those are the only VWs I like. All my friends got these MK2 and MK3 Jettas with 2.0L 16Vs and they cant even beat my KLDE MX-3. Corrados are the only ones I have good races with so you should beat him by a bit.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Well, since the Corrados VR6 is a 2.8L stock...then I'd say a 2.9 would have some work done. VR's are very good motors. Bullet proof and tourquey. Sound's very similar to a GS's V6.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

A Corrado will probably have an electrical fire under the hood before he reaches the finish line. :p
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

[quote]Originally posted by lakersfan1:
A Corrado will probably have an electrical fire under the hood before he reaches the finish line. ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by torpedan:
these questions are usually shunned given a lot of it has to do with people betting money ;)
Is betting illegal?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
these questions are usually shunned given a lot of it has to do with people betting money ;)
Is betting illegal?
That depends on where you are at and what you are betting. A lot of questions like this stem from grudge matches and street racing.

If your gonna be at a track, say which one, if your gonna ask who will win, dont just go to a track and race them.

Its a hands off approach for the forum but street racing is shunned in every manor here.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked :D 2nd gear just pulls on this klze. :2thumbsup:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

If your gonna be at a track, say which one, if your gonna ask who will win, dont just go to a track and race them. [/QB]
I don't street race but usually grudges will stem from the street and therefore I will organize the race for the track. :D ;)
AngelusMx3Lover

Post by AngelusMx3Lover »

Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked
Synchro screwed? HAH, its to be expected from a corrado, really now.
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Originally posted by mazdubber:
Well, since the Corrados VR6 is a 2.8L stock...then I'd say a 2.9 would have some work done. VR's are very good motors. Bullet proof and tourquey. Sound's very similar to a GS's V6.
Actually the 2.9l VR6 is a stock motor for the Corrado in Europe for the 1995 model year.The car was badge as a Corrado Storm, in essence it is equivalant to us getting a ZE. I believe that the 2.9l has somewhere near 190bhp, putting it head to head with a ZE mx-3. BUt having owned both, weight wil come into play, if he as dropped weight in the Corrado it could be tough for you, if he is still running a stock interior, then you should take it.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by nvrsrndr:
Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked :D 2nd gear just pulls on this klze. :2thumbsup:
Hahahaha that is funny, RsX's are not that shabby but they are slower than i figured they would be. I have run into one though that i though was respectable.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by nvrsrndr:
Unfortunately I could not race the corrado because he said that his 3rd gear syncro is fu(ked :roll:
I thought it sounded like a trick question to begin with ....... since there is no such thing as a Corrado that works.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Why do you guys keep ranking on Corrados? Maybe I'm a bit partial because I still want one, but the reviews seem fine on them... :shrug:

<small>[ May 31, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: MX3-Freak ]</small>
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”