just got home from a track.... feel horrible

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mx3man83

Re: just got home from a track.... feel horrible

Post by mx3man83 »

sorry buddy but protege knows a grip load about automotive stuff, so respect him....and if your clutch slipped at the track, most likely its on its last leg..my clutch has been slipping bad for about 6 months now, but its still "fine" ...by fine i mean it is definitely in need of a replacement, but it is still driveable....CHILL
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Hey guys... just woundering but what does it mean when you say the clutch slip's? I think i know what it is but not sure...does it mean that your car losses its power when you reach High RPM's? I was just woundering cause when i reach high RPM's my car losses its power till i reach another gear
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
racing all the time

Post by racing all the time »

when your clutch slips it means that your clutch can no longer clamp competely down and handle the power of the engine. When you have a sliping clutch your rpm revs up but it takes a little while to fully engage meaning you loose powere to the wheels.
Michael
racing all the time

Post by racing all the time »

loosing power at high rpm could be caused from your clutch but it is proably just the way your powerband is. do you have intake and exhaust? This will make it less constrictive and you will gain more high end power, and some low end.
Michael
jamario

Post by jamario »

Hey guys I think I tasted my clutch at the track too. When I shifted to 3rd gear I saw a cloud of smoke come from under my hood. Ever since then my clutch been slipping.
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Dude i might be wrong but i dont think the cluch would just pop like that but I know if toast it real good it can give smoke, just never heard of it doing it like that. A head gasket will put white smoke out the tail pipe. COuldn't tell you what it is that would cause that.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dam2009:
ok I just got home from a local truck.! I had 3 races 1st. vs civic ex which I won 2nd vs accent, no problems with that and the last one (unfortunatelly) vs Z22 I was pretty sure I can beat him after seeing that the civic guy weatp his *** bad!! anyways after an excellent launch my clutch start slipping big time !!I shifter second gear at 6000 and it stayed at 6500 for about 3-4 seconds! I feel horrible... of cours I lost big time .... after the race the girl(yeah!!) comes to me and says "why did you step on the brake?" anyways... just though I crie out in here...<hr></blockquote>
did they have to shovel the 1/4 mile off for you?<p>did you run studded or just snows?<p>It's a little cold in Ottawa for drag strips?
Or was it?<p> hey! It's alright< I won't tell ;)
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”