stainless steel brake lines

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

herse actual pic of lines
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mitmaks wrote: two of them got something that looks like hooks...whats that for.
Max, usually those are for positioning the fitting in the right position and there's usually a positioning recess or stopping stud to accept that hook. I believe it also keeps the banjo fitting from moving/spinning when tightening or bleeding when adjusting the banjo bolt. Of course those are the ends that go onto the caliper.
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

only got those hooks on two of them
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

All four on my Goodridge kit has those but the clutch one doesn't. It's not a show stopper. As long as they're the right length you should be fine. Like I said, they're only there to keep the line from moving when adjusting the banjo bolt.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

just fyi stock ones DO have em on all 4 though...
illapino

Post by illapino »

My four Suzuka Stainless steel Brake Lines have just arrived from Ontario through eBay order.. just wondered if they really are Suzuka: the brand doesn't appear anywhere at all on the lines, and they were simply packaged in a cardboard shipping box, naked, with no plastic or protection.. not that it matters, but i'd still want to verify if I really got Suzuka lines or a notorious eBay imitation.. no other letters or labels are attached to them, not even on the shipping box, but they look almost exactly the same as mitmaks' image above, with only two of the lines bearing 'banjo' hooks

thanks
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

suzuka or not suzuka...who cares. as long as they pefrorm well and you actually got good deal on them
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

mitmaks wrote:suzuka or not suzuka...who cares. as long as they pefrorm well and you actually got good deal on them
Agree the most important thing is that the fitting and hoses don't leak under pressure.

BTW KVR has a listing in there catalogue, and if you are so Aeroquip has all the bits and pieces to assembly your own if you are so inclined.

To improve braking even more adding a master cylinder brace kit does more to improve brake feel than the lines. The only problem is all the kits of the market are for RH drive cars only. I had to design and build a fabrication jig for my cars. I'll have to weld up another for the ZX2 soon, if I remember I'll bring a camera and take a few pictures.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”