stainless steel brake lines

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Legato626

stainless steel brake lines

Post by Legato626 »

What do you guys think of stainless steel brake lines you like them or not if you do where could i get some? Becuase i cant find anything on them for a mx-3.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: stainless steel brake lines

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I tried them and they made a good difference..
the sensitivity of the pedal is much greater and brakes faster too...

these are the one I have

go check corksport site too..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

o cool thanks
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Macen

Post by Macen »

Check this thread.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i was the one who posted about the improper fitment. mine were too large to fit in the strut but the dremmel took care of that. i know only of one other person who had the same problem as i, could be the struts? who knows. but all in all i love them ten times better than stock. but without ABS i tend to lock them up every know and then in the wet.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by Josh:
i was the one who posted about the improper fitment. mine were too large to fit in the strut but the dremmel took care of that. i know only of one other person who had the same problem as i, could be the struts? who knows. but all in all i love them ten times better than stock. but without ABS i tend to lock them up every know and then in the wet.
had the same problem as you ..the bracket hole on the strut was too small for the line fitting.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Well the NEW goodridgekit should fit probertly and they have corrected their specs now so the lines come with midsupports on them :)

Nope have fitted his kit and he said that there was no fitmentissues, i have my new kit laying right here and it looks real good "Qualitystuff" The polymercoating is really bendable and you can get it in allmost every colour and most important for the European guys on here it comes with Tüv

Allso it says on the box something about lifetime warranty,but i guess thats just a salesgimmick because thoose warranty's allmost never work :p
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

humm where are the midsupport to align the brakeline to the strut? if they use those wierd hangers I dont know if I would risk it. but maybe the picture are not the actual MX-3 lines :shrug: I would stick to goodridge
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

I bought an MX-3 brake line set (ex ebay) from Elite Auto service Centre, (they are located in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada). I haven't been able to put them on the car yet. The package I received only contained 3 of the 4 lines. It also turned out that I had been supplied with a set that did not fit the MX-3. I have been dealing with Raymond from Elite and his communication and speed of response via email has been excellent. So I am hopeful it will work out OK. The hoses I have received are of good quality with zinc coated and anodised fittings. The SS line itself is enclosed in a clear "plastic" sheath. It looks to be a good product. They are branded as Magnum Stainless Steel Brake Lines. I have never heard of the barnd. Any one else used them?
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Hey i found these from cork sport "CORK SPORT SS Brake Line Kit"

http://corksport.com/main.php3?primNavIndex=0&mainURL=%2Fstore%2Findex.php3%3Fcat%3D237749

Does anyone have any more info on how good they are?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

search the forum and you will find. there are a thread about the corksport lines and the fitment problems..
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I have the technafit (corksport) lines and they fit fine w/out issue.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ive ordered some Magnum lines two of them got something that looks like hooks...whats that for. Ill post some pics what I mean if not understandable
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

projectB10 wrote:I bought an MX-3 brake line set (ex ebay) from Elite Auto service Centre, (they are located in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada). I haven't been able to put them on the car yet. The package I received only contained 3 of the 4 lines. It also turned out that I had been supplied with a set that did not fit the MX-3. I have been dealing with Raymond from Elite and his communication and speed of response via email has been excellent. So I am hopeful it will work out OK. The hoses I have received are of good quality with zinc coated and anodised fittings. The SS line itself is enclosed in a clear "plastic" sheath. It looks to be a good product. They are branded as Magnum Stainless Steel Brake Lines. I have never heard of the barnd. Any one else used them?
Haven't installed my braided brake lines yet (forgot brand name) but know full well the advantages of them since I used to make my own from aircraft lines and fittings and were a must on the past few motorcycles I've owned. I've also got Magnum Cadmium plated CD rotors front and rear that will also be installed this winter from the same place. I wasn't permitted to see them in person to purchase even though they're not that far away but they dealt only in internet sales.
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”