Should I stick around?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ProtegeSTS

Re: Should I stick around?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by torpedan:
Personally i think your being a bit rash. But on the flip side of the coin i do appreicate having someone on here who actually konws what there talking about..<p>And normal driving is "safe" but what happens when you have to make a emergency lane change on the highway.. :shrug: Its your car..<hr></blockquote><p>It's been like 2 years in the making... i had to blow up eventually. Now is as good a time as any.<p>I've explained EVERY Single piece of crap that was in that previous post yesterday before on this site, and yet people still dribble on about CRAP. And then when I correct them, they reply with more BS. I'm sick of it. Why should i even bother?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

I have to side with ProtegeSTS. He's answered a lot of qustions/conerns iv'e had. It's obvious that he knows what he is talking about. Oh and don't listen to Marshallow bud, he's a fu c kin tool.<p>Don't leave ProtegeSTS, your an asset to the mx-3.com community!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Your car looks more like a 2.5" drop, not a 3.5" drop.<p>And cutting springs THAT much is unsafe. One of these days you'll find out why.<p>If there is one thing I've noticed on this board it is the fact that most of the members are more concerned with appearance than anything. Of all the areas on people's cars on here, suspension seems to get the most neglect. <p>People seem to mod their engines or do a swap, get bodykits, upgrade their stereos before they even think of properly modifying their suspension. If you guys knew jack sh!t about suspensions, you wouldn't ask if dropzone coilovers are good or cut your springs, or shove some sprint springs on stock struts!!!!!!!!!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Well, I would have to agree with Jesse here.<p>I've read many posts where he's replied and less knowledgeable people just spew out BS and try to knock him down.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

oh, just like you post to others ! hey Mr. Protege StS If you think we are all idiots than why ask us if you should stick around ? I think you should retire your MX-3 jersey in the Mazda suspension rafters ! :p
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

ProtegeSTS, I think you need to remember the saying:<p>"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."<p>When somebody posts "Is it ok to heat my springs with a blowtorch to lower my car two inches?" (typically with bad grammar and misspellings, which I omitted) my attitude is to tell them once why it's a bad idea. After that, there's nothing you can do.<p>Some people are going to do stupid things and have stupid ideas no matter how much correct information you provide them with.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
As i just said, i would take the car air born and nothing happened!! ... It was totally safe for me...<hr></blockquote><p>OMG!! Thats gotta be the biggest oxymoron ever! Thats so hilariously stoopid its worthy of being signature material, lol!! :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Protege, you just need to take the angst a few levels down. There is something wrong in the mx-3 community in that we have lost a lot of our senior members. There is a few knowledgable members on the board, you being one of them, and I say stick around. The mx-3 communities general age level has been lowered and there are less autocrosser's and road course racers and legal drag racers, and more boy/street racers on the board now. Its just a phase, stick around and you'll see some improvements with time. Maybe a short write up by you would be warrented. Everytime you see someone asking about cut springs you can just cut and paste it in the thread and be done with it, if they want to argue, just let it be. It probably means they have there minds made up anyways. In all of the different car boards I'm a part of, you have the WORST attitude problem out of everyone, I think if you calm down a bit, you'll be bugged and annoyed less often.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by masonholmes:
it's his car, and "me" beside him, heh..<hr></blockquote><p>Holy Crap its mason holmes on the board :D <p>btw, yea cutting springs is pretty dumb IMO. If you dont have the money to do it the right way then dont do it. Youre risking youre own life and the lives of other drivers on the road. to me cutting springs is a notch under shaving your brake pads to save weight :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
<p>Holy Crap its mason holmes on the board :D <p>btw, yea cutting springs is pretty dumb IMO. If you dont have the money to do it the right way then dont do it. Youre risking youre own life and the lives of other drivers on the road. to me cutting springs is a notch under shaving your brake pads to save weight :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

How about you take the chip off your shoulder and get the stick out your a$$ to go faster? You are ridiculous. You think what i said is so humorous? It was nothing but the truth. It was safe for me, am i dead? Did i crash? NO. ONCE AGAIN.....it Was safe for me...thats all im saying, im not trying to encourage others to do as i did, but I AM OK>>MY CAR IS OK>>>>IT WAS SAFE FOR ME....
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
Protege, you just need to take the angst a few levels down. There is something wrong in the mx-3 community in that we have lost a lot of our senior members. There is a few knowledgable members on the board, you being one of them, and I say stick around. The mx-3 communities general age level has been lowered and there are less autocrosser's and road course racers and legal drag racers, and more boy/street racers on the board now. Its just a phase, stick around and you'll see some improvements with time. Maybe a short write up by you would be warrented. Everytime you see someone asking about cut springs you can just cut and paste it in the thread and be done with it, if they want to argue, just let it be. It probably means they have there minds made up anyways. In all of the different car boards I'm a part of, you have the WORST attitude problem out of everyone, I think if you calm down a bit, you'll be bugged and annoyed less often.<hr></blockquote><p>Do you WONDER why you lose so many of the senior members? Like how about David Coleman?<p>It doesn't even have to be the lack of autocrossers, track day guys, drag racers...<p>You don't listen, and when you get a responce you don't like, you attack the other person, and here's the biggie, WITHOUT ANY FACT!!!<p>I'm on ~25 message boards, and this entire BOARD has about the worst attitude I've seen(with a few exceptions). You guys DON'T want to learn about cars, you want to look cool.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
How about you take the chip off your shoulder and get the stick out your a$$ to go faster? You are ridiculous. You think what i said is so humorous? It was nothing but the truth. It was safe for me, am i dead? Did i crash? NO. ONCE AGAIN.....it Was safe for me...thats all im saying, im not trying to encourage others to do as i did, but I AM OK>>MY CAR IS OK>>>>IT WAS SAFE FOR ME....<hr></blockquote><p>Again with these dumb flames...<p>What is "safe" for you?<p>I was in a major car accident less than a year ago. Car ended up rolling.<p>I came out ok. So it was safe for me? What kind of backwards logic do you use?<p>"I've done crack 3 times, and im not dead yet. It's perfectly safe."<p>
:confused: :shrug:
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
<p>
I was in a major car accident less than a year ago. Car ended up rolling.<p>I came out ok. So it was safe for me? What kind of backwards logic do you use?<p> :confused: :shrug:
<hr></blockquote><p>Yes, it was safe for you. Past tense. Just like my cut springs, past tense. In the PAST. Therefore, it WAS safe for me. That wasnt a "flame", it was an observation of the truth, and it wasnt meant for you(although it would apply). <p>What the heck are you doing on 25 boards anyway? Don't you have other stuff to do like auto-crossing to save the world or something?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

I'm a full time Mechanical Engineering student, have a job, autocross as much as possible (over 20 race this year so far), enjoy long walks on ....nevermind...<p>FYI, the flame comment was based on the "stick out of your ____" bit...<p>Your logic baffles me.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”