Monroe Struts..$86cdn,Good??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ProtegeSTS

Re: Monroe Struts..$86cdn,Good??

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>how can 179 dollar shocks be better than mazda ones or monroe??</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>"ZX2 ones are like 179 for the <B>set</B>...you cant beat that."<P>Yes, ALL 4 for 179 dollars USA. Thats 45 dollar EACH USD. They are cheaper....thats how they are better.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BATMOBILE:<BR><STRONG><BR>You think youre so hard . Don't act like youre a Ferrari engineer. Monroe shocks are perfectly fine and thats a great price. And Jesse, no, youre not faster than anyone with that family sedan. The struts you have in your car won't make you go any faster and they dont make you Michael Schumacher. So ease it down on the Expert wannabe scene. Youre helpful sometimes, but you can also be very annoying at times.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Monroe shocks are perfectly fine if youre a 90 year old grandmother of 50 who needs to goto church once a week and has a weak back.<P>The original poster of this thread has a lowered car, and Monroe shocks are going to give him an underdampened ride, and they are going to blow fairly soon.<P>If you'd like to discuss shock vavling and spring rates for a MX-3, start another thread. But for HIM, the ZX2 struts, which are cheaper, will be a better setup for his higher spring rates.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

so jesse, basically what u r saying is that the monroe shocks will be fine for me?? will they last long? will they be better than stock for my setup and will i notice a huge difference with my current setup?<BR>thanks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>so jesse, basically what u r saying is that the monroe shocks will be fine for me?? will they last long? will they be better than stock for my setup and will i notice a huge difference with my current setup?<BR>thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yes, for you....they are fine. They will probably last a while, but there's no real way to tell you how long. >3 years would be my guess. They will probably be not much different comfort wise over NEW oems. If you have 260,000km on your current ones, i think you'll see quite a difference.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

Thankyou jesse for your reply.thats really helped me out :) one mopre last thing. I have already bopught these shocks but have not installed them, so i still have a chance to return them. SO for the price are these worth it for my setup or would u still recommend something else? Also is it dangerous to install yourself? I have neverdone it before but i have worked at a canadian tire where i did oil changes and tire work so i have some car experience? thanks bro
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

how much are oem pieces from the dealer? I'd get those before the Monroe's. <P>get a hayne's manual or a FSM and read about what youre going to be doing.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

jesse<BR>the dealer ones were around $600cdn for the set of 4 from mazda and $800 installed.<BR>I payed $440cdn for the monroes as a set.<BR>I read the chiltons and it says u will be using a sprincompressor. A lot of people tyold me u couild decapitate yourself with this?? is this true? Also will i need a wheel allignment after this?<BR>thanks man
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>jesse<BR>the dealer ones were around $600cdn for the set of 4 from mazda and $800 installed.<BR>I payed $440cdn for the monroes as a set.<BR>I read the chiltons and it says u will be using a sprincompressor. A lot of people tyold me u couild decapitate yourself with this?? is this true? Also will i need a wheel allignment after this?<BR>thanks man</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You "can", but you can decapitate yourself driving in a car too. I seem to still have my head and ive already done my springs and struts.<P>And yes, you need an alignment after.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

jesse,<BR>so based on these prices what do u think?factory or moroe? if i need an alignment wouldn't it be cheaper to get them installed at a dealer?<BR>thanks
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>jesse,<BR>so based on these prices what do u think?factory or moroe? if i need an alignment wouldn't it be cheaper to get them installed at a dealer?<BR>thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's already said what he thinks, as well as presenting the facts of each choice. You're going to have to make the decision on your own champ. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Post by Guest »

ok david point taken..also while we r here what is your opinion?<BR>thanks
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aronmx-prec:<BR><STRONG>ok david point taken..also while we r here what is your opinion?<BR>thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know that I will get the ZX2 struts and some fairly soft spring rates when I put my suspension together. As for your situation, I'd go with airbagz y0. <P>Ok, maybe not. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Post by Guest »

where can i get zx2? also r they ok for stock springs? david you still never said stock or monroe??? also will i notice bumps with zx-2 and what r the warranty on them?
white fish

Post by white fish »

aronmx-prec where in Canada are you I was thinking of gettinng some kinda Canadian group but for this Shock and stuts

Post by Guest »

whitefish<BR>i am in alberta. i would be up for a group buy if these shocks r suitable for my need. where in the states can u get them? <BR>thanks

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”