Largest Nitrous shot?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
torpedan

Re: Largest Nitrous shot?

Post by torpedan »

So whos up for brownies..<P><BR>sorry just dont know enough about mazda blocks to say anythign usefull.. :roll:
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

I can't believe all the vets are jumping on Stevech_2001.<P>I'm totally with him. There is no way in hell the MX3 can take 300HP on the STOCK bottom end and still be a daily driver. Your pain problem is going to be the obvious detenation problem. Remember, yes the DOHC engine is based off the B6T and yes it has oil coolers. Your problem is going to be your fuel mix. Unless you have an INSANE fuel system the first 4 seconds on a 300 shot of NOS will detonate the engine. The other engines you speak of (like the Miatas) are stricly trailered out race cars. If you want to talk about race cars then check out the recent sunfire that pushes 600 HP on the stock bottom end. Oh, and the engine has to be rebuilt every 4 or so races :roll: <P>So yes, you can run an insane shot on an MX3. I just hope you have the money to fix everything thats goign to be wrong with it....<P>Oh..and my answer is 75-100 WET shot at best.
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

hey thanks for sticking up for me rikymaru.....I thought I was the only one that oposed there opinion :)
Steve
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

you guys arent listening. i had a fogger kit on my sohc. a 125 hp shot. and yes it was a daily driver. for 2 years! the topic started on how large of a shot it could handle--not if it was a daily driver--not if was going to be torn down every 3 races. how much it COULD handle. like i said before i did mine myself someone with expert knowledge of nitrous could do it EASILY. i never said it would be a dependable car. in fact i was scared every time i sprayed it. but it took it and i have alot of respect for that little 1.6l. and i would do it again. :mad:
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

maybe im nuts but I thought a single fogger was a 2 into 1 jet,1 fuel line, 1 nitrous line into a y jet and then both are sprayed into the intake tube.<P>a dual fogger would have 4 lines and 2 y jets<BR>and a dry system was spaying Only nitrous in to the in take.<P>some companys like zex spray only nitrous, but use the fuel pressure regulator to add more fuel. Technicly this is a dry system because it Only sprays nitrous into the intake tube.<P>The mans question was "How much on a Single Fogger System".<BR>Answer- If tuned properly(a little rich), with 94 octane + NOS octane boost, good ignition system, retarded timing and a good cooling system, progressive nitrous timer, I could see going to quite a bit of nitrous.<P>Compression ratio has very little to do with it. Hondas have 10-1 to 11-1 and people boost the hell out of them. its all about controling detenation, less timing higher octane and better cooling.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

your right- the single fogger set up uses a single fogger nozzle with gas and nitrous fed through it. iv never seen a kit with two although it is possible. my kit uses 4 individual nozzles with gas and n2o running through them. the kit starts at 125 hp shot up to 500hp shot. when race gas is injected into the engine with the nitrous it makes it so much safer. its definately worth running a seperate fuel cell with race gas in it. :D
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

so you have direct port nitrous injection???
Steve
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

no direct port is when there are 4 nozzles spraying n20 only. i have a pro race fogger kit. --which on occasion has been called a direct port fogger. fogger kit is what they sell by. ill try and get some pics
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I'm looking and it say's that you have wiseco pistons and corillo rods(so much for stock internals.....hehehe) plus you have boost plus a fogger system that sprays a 500 wet shot what kinda clutch do you have to hold I'm guessing over 600Hp.....do you have LSD if not how do you get the power down with one wheel spining and does the stock tranny hold that much power....I definatly would like to check this system out in person :)
Steve
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i was running the 125hp shot on my stock sohc. i now have a dohc engine upgraded. as for my new clutch it is a multi-pressure plate unit custom made from clutchnet and handles near 450hp. the diff is welded
maldo

Post by maldo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><P>-----------------------------------<P><BR>FS-ZE with stock internals can take 500hp? That one i will NOT believe. You have some proof of that one?<P>--------------------<P>Jesse<BR>92 Protege LX<BR>#129 STS CFR SCCA & GCAC<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I should rephrase that one, I believe it was just the crank was capable of handling those upper limits. Proof? don't really have any other then things that I have heard on the other lists - I believe it may have been David or Barry that mentioned something but can't remember for sure. Either way I think my point was made.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> but anyway enough with the arguing because we are talking about a stock motor here man not race motors and not miata motors<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe you didn't know that the B6T and B6ZE was derived from the B6e.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> want to see you uneducated people go out and put that 200 "dry" shot of NOS in your car with 300,000 km's and see what happens (instant gernade) you people should not be allowed to handle highly explosive material <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Any idiot who tries a huge shot of N2O on a motor with 300k kms is asking for trouble. The motor needs to be in good shape and well maintained.<P>Just so you know, Rick Stephens "Monster Miata" was a daily driver until his mishap.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>hey thanks for sticking up for me rikymaru.....I thought I was the only one that oposed there opinion :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You're not opposing our opinion, you're opposing proven fact. That, my good friend, is ignorance of the highest caliber.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>I should rephrase that one, I believe it was just the crank was capable of handling those upper limits. Proof? don't really have any other then things that I have heard on the other lists - I believe it may have been David or Barry that mentioned something but can't remember for sure. Either way I think my point was made.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The F series cranks are definately good to over 500bhp. Heck, Jay B had at least that untuned in his FE DOHC 2.0 Turbo on stock rods and crank [JE lower compression pistons, ~9:1]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

man what is wrong here oh maybe the fact that stock internals does mean the pistons not JE forged units with low compression.........and how many times do I have to point out that this is about the SOHC SOHC sOHC SOHc SOHC SOHC SOHC.......maybe that's enough times and it's about nitrous and the original argument was about the SOHC SOHC SOHC taking 400 hp worth of boost with stock pistons..... stock pistons....stock pistons not the miata and not a SR20DET or any other motor that was meantioned the argument was over then all of a sudden it started again come on people.....SOHC 400 hp worth of PSI on stock pistons I don't think so end of story no more about past arguments NO MORE NO MORE END OF STORY
Steve
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

oh ya any one can call something a fact.......unless it's on paper or in front of my eyes or the person who acually built this motor say's anything.....I'm skeptical why are you raging on me for this just cause I dont' believe everything you say I would be ignorant if I did believe everything everbody said.... ;)
Steve

Return to “Forced Induction”