turbo 94 RS

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
OsoSlo z28

Re: turbo 94 RS

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

hey dave, which rods are which?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>hey dave, which rods are which?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Left are the NA rods, right are the Turbo rods. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
maldo

Post by maldo »

I would have to agree with David, the potential of the BP motor in either form is quite great. If anyone has ever seen the graphs from Braden last time at the dyno they are extremely impressive. The only problem that he has had recently was the heater core leaked coolant all over the inside of the car. Hardly motor related. There are quite a few guys runnin 300hp+ at the wheels on daily drivers, that goes for the BP and B6T.
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

i emailed the guy that has the website about the bpt swap , and he said that he gets detonation , and he doesn;t have a knock sensor ... is there any way to fix all the problems with the swap?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

he gets detonation because he's running with the stock b6 ecu and as you said no knock sensor. to fix this, get the bpt ecu and the knock sensor. in case you don't know what it does,if the knock sensor detects "knock" or detonation, it backs off the timing a little. if you don't go through corksport, make sure that you are getting this item(you really need it) it's mounted on the firewall so some places might not include it unless you make sure.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
texmx3

Post by texmx3 »

what is braden web address
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

so other than changine the axle , and maybe the clutch , it can pretty much drop right in?<BR>damn i should have done that in the first place haha
maldo

Post by maldo »

Going from NA to turbo isn't as easy as just dropping in a motor. You will need quite a few parts for it to work right.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

maldo's right. if you get the bpt with the ecu and harness the other things you "need" is an intercooler and a custom exhaust. if you get the b6t, the best way to go is to get the protege ecu and injectors. then you need to fuel controller. other items you will want to have is a boost controller, boost gauge, a/f ratio gauge.... but both motors you will need more fuel so you will need to get a bigger fuel pump. there might be some other things that i might have forgot.<P>what i want to know is how come people say you "have" to have another tranny to do the bpt swap, yet when people talk about making 180+ hp(same amount as bpt or more) in the b6t they never mention having to get another tranny?<p>[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
pakix2000

Post by pakix2000 »

because it doesnt fit!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>maldo's right. if you get the bpt with the ecu and harness the other things you "need" is an intercooler and a custom exhaust. if you get the b6t, the best way to go is to get the protege ecu and injectors. then you need to fuel controller. other items you will want to have is a boost controller, boost gauge, a/f ratio gauge.... but both motors you will need more fuel so you will need to get a bigger fuel pump. there might be some other things that i might have forgot.<P>what i want to know is how come people say you "have" to have another tranny to do the bpt swap, yet when people talk about making 180+ hp(same amount as bpt or more) in the b6t they never mention having to get another tranny?<P>[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it does fit. it's been done. the only prob is the passenger drive shaft. you can either take 1.5in off or use the 92-93 rs passenger drive shaft.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

how hard would it be to wire in the bpt ecu into the stock system? don;t u have to trick the car into acepting the rearwheel drive that the bpt is? (i can't remember if it is or isn't)

Return to “Forced Induction”