Found someone that will make CF hoods.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
I_love_my_MX-3

Re: Found someone that will make CF hoods.

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I think a scoop like on that FX prototype hood Is what Id like. Not the universal scoop but the actual hood in the sneek peek section....sorta like the Kaminari CF hood. An invertyed scoop would be alright too.<P>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow_Mx-3:<BR><STRONG>I would be in only if thoses questions are answered.<P>-exact weight* won't be known until we make one<P>-product garanteed to fit without modifications * yes that is correct<P>- I know how fiberglass<BR>body parts never fits and requires huge amount of time to adjust. CF is not<BR>forgiving. Can't use putty!<P>-shipping charges? $135.00<P>-type of resin used? Some resins do not withstand heat very well; the hood<BR>is inches away from the engine and you know that thing can be hot after a<BR>hot ride.* they make cf hoods.. They use the right stuff<P>-Is a UV filter agent is used? Otherwise clear gelcoat and resin will turn<BR>yellow after a few months under sunlight.** yes a uv agent is used<P>-What kind of inserts are used to secure the hood to the inges and hood<BR>latch? Are they pre-drilled? Are hood pins included?** bottom of hood is fiberglass and no pins are included. can use original latch<P>-Are the windshield washer squirter holes pre-drilled?* up to us.. I say no<P>-leadtime from date of order? When is the buy's drop dead date? After i get 10 peeps and they get a mold it takes a day for each hood. <BR> I think i found somone in AZ with an mx to go get a mold made. I will keep you updated. I also have a pic of the hood scoop he is lookin at if anyone wants to see it.<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Show_MX

Post by Show_MX »

Image <P>This would be the hood scoop
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

hell ya man thats what I was hoping for :) that hoods gonna be tight....Im hoping I can get the money in time and Im in.<P>-Alex

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I'd prefer one of these designs..<BR> Image <BR> Image <P> Image <BR> Image
JCali

Post by JCali »

YEAH I WANT VENTS TOO...I think they look cooler...scoops are ok, but I think vents would look cooler on the mx3<P>JCali- But count me in for a plain hood. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>I'd prefer one of these designs..<BR> Image <BR> Image <P> Image <BR> Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I would just be happy with CF Hood!!!
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

they better have vents for 500$ or $400 well they will be $500 with shipping and its gonna have fiberglass on bottom? so its not gonna all look carbon fiber only top and bottom will be regular white fiberglass?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Johnny 2 Hotty

Post by Johnny 2 Hotty »

im mostlikly in send me some details to johnny_2_hotty69@hotmail.com thxs
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

I would be interested aswell if it came with the indented hood scoop like the Invader style aswell.<P><BR>Killermx3
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Ok.... I cant make everyone happy. Half want a big scoop. half want vents, half want inverted..I am pretty sure its gonna be either nothing or the cavalier style. Every time they change the scoop style, another mold has to be made....and that gets expensive. Sorry guys...thats just how it is.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

My personal first choice would be a plain hood.<P>Second choice would be a hood with vents.<P>Third with hood scoop.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

lets vote who wants scoop and who wants vents and we should post this topic in some other topics so rs owners can get one of hoods too, when its gonna be made, we should see pic of it how its gonna look or at least computer graphic so there wont be disappointments, personally i dont mind scoop but vents would be cool as long as it all is in cf no white fiberglass that would need to be painted and it would look ugly in middle of cf hood
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

I changed my mind....I think vents would be bad a-- on an MX CF hood.<P>-Alex<p>[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: I_love_my_MX-3 ]

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

hey wheres cb hoods are at? are they making them,? i need to buy one bad..i dont care what it has as long as its good looking and good quality

Return to “Appearance”