Found someone that will make CF hoods.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Found someone that will make CF hoods.

Post by cjthor »

Hey guys,<BR> I was lookin around and found a guy that will make us carbon fiber hoods. I just need to make sure that I can get ten other people that are interested. His website is <A HREF="http://www.financial-vision.com" TARGET=_blank>www.financial-vision.com</A> He is gonna check with his hood supplier on Monday to see if he can get a hood for a mold. I do have a brand new hood sitting in a box in my garage. If he cant get a hood I might send him mine. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
I_love_my_MX-3

Re: Found someone that will make CF hoods.

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

do you have an aproximate price??
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

Oryuki

Post by Oryuki »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Hey guys,<BR> I was lookin around and found a guy that will make us carbon fiber hoods. I just need to make sure that I can get ten other people that are interested. His website is <A HREF="http://www.financial-vision.com" TARGET=_blank>www.financial-vision.com</A> He is gonna check with his hood supplier on Monday to see if he can get a hood for a mold. I do have a brand new hood sitting in a box in my garage. If he cant get a hood I might send him mine. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Depending on the price, as someone below has inquired about, I would probably be down with having a CF hood made. Any talk on wether or not it will include a scoop? I am working on fabricating a functional way of doing ram air in my MX sorta like the WS6 trans ams.<P>Ryan
Show_MX

Post by Show_MX »

I would be in for it, again.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

also will this be a one time thing...like do you have to be in with the groups buy or will it be available later on? lemme know. Thanks,<BR>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

Thanks for showing this, I really have some things in mind. :D
codene

Post by codene »

im in if the price is right
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
1992mx3gs

Post by 1992mx3gs »

Same here.If the price is good i will definetly do it.
J.R.Holder
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i am in email me mx3max@mybluelight.com
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Ok. The ownder of the shop emailed me back. The hoods will be a cf/fiberglass mix. fiberglass reinforcement over carbon fiber. I need ten people to be SURE that they are in. The hood price will be $399. I have emailed him back and asked about a hood scoop. Prolly one like the fx designs one. I want something functional. Please email me at cjthor@hotmail.com with your real name and a way to contact you. You can email the guy yourself at <A HREF="http://www.financial-vision.com" TARGET=_blank>www.financial-vision.com</A> . Check out his work... looks pretty nice.. Is anyone in the AZ area so he can get a mold of your hood? If not I have a brand new hood but I dont wanna pay all the shipping to get it there and back.. Anyone wanna helP?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

I would be in only if thoses questions are answered.<P>-exact weight<P>-product garanteed to fit without modifications ? <P>- I know how fiberglass<BR>body parts never fits and requires huge amount of time to adjust. CF is not<BR>forgiving. Can't use putty!<P>-shipping charges?<P>-type of resin used? Some resins do not withstand heat very well; the hood<BR>is inches away from the engine and you know that thing can be hot after a<BR>hot ride.<P>-Is a UV filter agent is used? Otherwise clear gelcoat and resin will turn<BR>yellow after a few months under sunlight.<P>-What kind of inserts are used to secure the hood to the inges and hood<BR>latch? Are they pre-drilled? Are hood pins included?<P>-Are the windshield washer squirter holes pre-drilled?<P>-leadtime from date of order? When is the buy's drop dead date?<P>Thanks
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow_Mx-3:<BR><STRONG>I would be in only if thoses questions are answered.<P>-exact weight<P>-product garanteed to fit without modifications ? <P>- I know how fiberglass<BR>body parts never fits and requires huge amount of time to adjust. CF is not<BR>forgiving. Can't use putty!<P>-shipping charges?<P>-type of resin used? Some resins do not withstand heat very well; the hood<BR>is inches away from the engine and you know that thing can be hot after a<BR>hot ride.<P>-Is a UV filter agent is used? Otherwise clear gelcoat and resin will turn<BR>yellow after a few months under sunlight.<P>-What kind of inserts are used to secure the hood to the inges and hood<BR>latch? Are they pre-drilled? Are hood pins included?<P>-Are the windshield washer squirter holes pre-drilled?<P>-leadtime from date of order? When is the buy's drop dead date?<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Wow! someone has emailed me these EXACT<BR>questions in the same format. I will email this to the guys.. They make carbon fiber hoods for a living so I dont think this is anything new to them. I still need someone in Arizona to go let them take measurements of their hood cuz I dont have the time with me moving and all to send them mine.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

I'm in but I would really but interested if it had an inverted hood scoup... I think they look AMAZING. Anyone interested?
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

If i remember right theses questions where asked by Luc St-Pierre originally.<P>Since i want to know the answer to thoses questions i just pasted them in my post.<P>Hope in hearing back from you soon with the answers since i am very interested.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
bigburt

Post by bigburt »

i would be interested only if they warrentied the work.could they make the g-force scoops work?

Return to “Appearance”