Bear with me... just bought a KLZE...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Absath

Re: Bear with me... just bought a KLZE...

Post by Absath »

I suppose that's possible, but I hear the engine runs like crap on a K8 ECU... I don't want to damage my new engine...
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

im running K8 ECU and KL-DE vaf on the same style intake mani hes got, runs awsome
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

There are two little gotchas when doing the swap that are easy to fix while the engine is out. The knock sensor wire comes out on the throttle body side on the ZE. The connector on your MX-3 is on the side where the water neck is. The wire reaches, it's just way easier to move before the engine is in. Your ZE has only one sensor in the waterneck. You'll need to put the water neck from your old engione on the ZE, it has two sensors. If you don't put that other sensor in the fans run all the time. Again pretty easy to do if your all ready doing the timing belt- which you should be no matter how clean it looks.

Where are you on the cape???? I'm in mashpee. If you want I'll help you do your swap and save you the money of paying someone. Did mine completely by myself in ~12hrs.

<small>[ August 19, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Absath

Post by Absath »

Sonuva***** >_< I'm not on the Cape anymore lol. I'm in Virginia now. I was right next to you though, in Falmouth =)

I would have taken you up on that offer too.
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

where on God's green Earth did you find that motor??!! :eek:

that is one shiny ZE, and you'd better get those kl31 cams! :crying:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by ZEmadman:

get those kl31 cams! :2thumbsup: from what i've read they're worth every single dollar
on a j-spec intake manifold..they've been dynoed 4.1HP and same TQ over the kl01 (not whp) by interprep...

but on a a-spec manifold..they've been dynoed 9.4hp and and 1.7TQ over the kl01

http://www.interpreptuning.com/
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”