KFZE DYNOED SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Re: KFZE DYNOED SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:

It has also come to my attention that the dyno was a mustang dyno so that could be contributing to my numbers being off,
Ohhhhh yeah. That'll do it. Though I'd still like to see the comparo between the two manifolds on the same dyno. Is there some kind of standard correction factor that you can work to find the numbers on a Dynojet? Also, from Probetalk, they say alot of Mustang Dynos have the wrong weights preloaded in the computer, and if it's too heavy in the computer, it'll show with less power. Make sure the curb weight plus driver weight is input correctly.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

take off the udp! It is worthless on our cars.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

So.................where's our update?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Well i ran into some problems Sunday, mainly fitting the IM, im gonna have to modify the 2.0s TB so that the trigger doesnt hit the battery, but now im just gonna go with the 2.0 IM and relocate my battery to the rear. Its a smarter choice as the VRIS points are not the same on the 2.0 and 2.5. And its actually possible to cause less Hp because when the vris opens you could be dropping in to much air.

So i need to get a gel cel and a battery relocation kit, so give me a week or so.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i think it might be worth a try with the curved neck ze manifold n port match it :shrug:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Hey, where's our update? It's been three weeks+.
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

those numbers are bad, i haven't dynoed my kf-ze but against a kl-de with intake full exhaust msd ignition and headers and i only with exhaust and air filter i shure smoke the **** out of him, truthfully i think you should run the kl-de manifold which is what i did with the kl-de injectors and a 2/14 exhaust, also are you shure you have the correct ecu?
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yea slow on the update money's been a little tight. Im gonna try the Ms8 IM see how that works out, if doesnt work out ill sell it or trade it and get my other 2.5 im working properly.

You should see the trunk though MAN i have 3 IM in it when people at work look in my trunk there like WOW whats all that. (have to keep in trunk cause roomies scared of oil, doesnt like to get his prissie little hands dirty.)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by Mnemonic:
...And its actually possible to cause less Hp because when the vris opens you could be dropping in to much air.
How do you figure that out?

More air makes the ECU provide more fuel, which gives more torque/power. If the VRIS points are not optimum, the resonance effect is reduced, which results in less air, therefore less torque/power.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

thus the reason im not worried about using different IMs now :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”