KL-ZE, KL03

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ProtegeSTS

Re: KL-ZE, KL03

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Actually, this time I wasn't refering to you. and to answer you...Yes, I would get irritated, but I would realize that they are asking to LEARN, not to annoy me. I would POLITELY tell them to look at the book. In my origional post I was addressing Sonic's a-- hole comment. Although you and Dave could have been a little more polite. You guys have a virtual fountain of knowledge and instead of be kewl and help us out you degrade us. People on here look up to you guys. Why not show them there's a reason to do so?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>And the point is that they can learn a lot more, faster, from reading the old posts. How do you think me and David, and everyone else knows so much? Of course we have some physical knowledge with this stuff, but a lot of it is reading old posts, and researching. And emailing people with specific questions that arent, "how much hp does a turbo give you?"
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
cmx3d

Post by cmx3d »

Thanks whitefish for being the only person to directly answer my question like I asked :) <P>Well this board's been up long enough, so I guess basically most everbody's questions should be already answered then right? We shouldn't be able to post new topics, since our questions probally have been answered before.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

just to add my personal opinion :)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG>Ok both engines will "bolt up" you dont have to relocate the battery however with the ZE as you may know there is clearence issuse with the brake fluid resvior except on one ZE from a (I'll find out later) or if you use the K8 or KL03 manifold it will fit in No Problem ;)<BR>As for difficulty it not much harder then swaping a 1.8 to a 1.8 if you can do that you can do a 2.5 Good Luck</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks for the excellent and consise summary of what changes need to be made. Also, I'll add that using the Millenia-type curved ZE manifold would be best, as the MX-6 ZE manifold will come in contact with the brake resivoir. Unless you're RHD, like this guy [KLZE Presso owner]:<BR> Image
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>And the point is that they can learn a lot more, faster, from reading the old posts. How do you think me and David, and everyone else knows so much? Of course we have some physical knowledge with this stuff, but a lot of it is reading old posts, and researching. And emailing people with specific questions that arent, "how much hp does a turbo give you?"</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, I can tell you over and over how to swap, but until you realize that the engine is gonna try to fall in your lap once you remove the cross member and other stuff--which you can only get by doing it--it's not really gonna help. Those sites are a guideline. It's not an instructional video, cause you're only going to really <B>GET IT</B> when you're under the car eating coolant cause you forgot to drain the system. Some things like bracing your breaker bar against the passenger's axle and cranking the engine to remove the crank pulley are good tips that I can share, but as far as general questions like "how much can i boost a kzle cauZe i hErd that thAt iT haD to0 mUck CompresioN" etc show that no research has been done on it, as somebody can search on the web [as I have done] and find great articles like <A HREF="http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/forced2.htm" TARGET=_blank>this one</A> on compression versus boost.<P>When someone comes to me with a question that shows they've thought about it a bit, done some research, and they still don't know, 95% of the time I'll answer them with what I know of what they need the day I get the email. Too bad all the people I've helped over the years aren't very active on this board. Just takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the bunch, I suppose. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

This question has been more than answered, so I'm going to close this topic as to curb further straying from the topic.<P>Search Keywords: swap, KLZE, 2.5 swap, engine swap, KL03, KLD<P><B>Post Closed</B>
David Coleman

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”