Should we be nicer to newbies?

Off-Topic Discussions
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Should we be nicer to newbies?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

whoa... way too long for me to read.. especially with a hangover, but i think i get your basic premise. You'll never see me say "Just search". I'll give a brief answer to the question, then say for more information you can search using the terms "blah", "blah", or "blah". That way the newbie gets a basic answer and knows where to go for more information.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
i agree about n00b harshness, i've repeated myself many times, so what i do, cut and paste :D <p>Easy and friendly :D <p>also, there shouldnt be anything wrong with posting a question, why bring up a year-old-post? Im sure theres new news, some updates info to talk about sicne the last post, people dont always do everything the same everytiem someone goes the same job, someone may find a new thing here, a new way to do something there...<p>One thing that pisses me off is that i wanna do a KLZE swap, i asked about what i needed to do different when putting a 94-96 KLZE in my 92-93GS, (this was quite a few months ago), and i believe it David Coleman told me to read the V6 FAQ, and theres nothing in there, the only post i see is the FAQ: 2.5L KL engine swap info in the last post section....
Image<p>I'm planning a KLZE swap in the next month or two and i need to know this, but how do i find the info if im affraid to post the question cause people just give me the flamming run-around<p>[ April 18, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
<hr></blockquote><p>Make sure u have "show all topics selected"<p>Image
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

yah, i had wondered that same thing, then I remembered about the show topics from the last _ days. Maybe if there was a way to make the faqs always show all topics...?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

:D<p>[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Johns93GS ]</p>
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

the way i see it, everyone on here was new guy (or girl) at one time, and also at one point you didnt know about the search function, the way i see it, shut up, ****, they dont know, leave them alone, if you dont want to read what they have to say, dont open the topic, like thats all you have to read, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all, i know that sounds funny coming from me but just let them be. im not saying this to any "one" person, and for the new guys that have used the search thing and someone puts in capital letters, "USE THE ****ING SEARCH ENGINE" , then the guy will speek up and say i did, then dont you look like an idiot cause too many people jump to conclusions, i say chill, help each other out, and have a good time and have patience<p>
peace ( i know i cant spell, hahaha)
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Amen Jordan! Is that one of the commandments or something! Preach on brothaman! :shrug: <p>one
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Also, <p> Be sure to note that just because a member doesn't have a lot of posts, doesnt mean that he/she is a newbie.<p> I have been around MX-3's forever and on the board for a VERY long time... but I rarely post. I usually just find out whats new and if it can help me out.<p>I dont have too many posts, some people who have been on here for a month have more than me. ;)
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EBUCKS:
Amen Jordan! Is that one of the commandments or something! Preach on brothaman! :shrug: <p>one<hr></blockquote><p>hahaha, thanks man, i guess :shrug:
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “Off-Topic”