Things you never knew were ther

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Things you never knew were ther

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:<BR><STRONG><P>I wondered what taht did!!!! lol!<P>and the hold button is kinda cool... if you are climbing a hill, and the car needs to downshift, you can press it, and it "usually" downshifts for ya. Also, if you are trying to race, you can use it to keep the gear until you want it to shift. Its a pretty cool button :D!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Untill you blow up your tranny. Your not suppose to press it at high speeds, you'll tear up your tranny. Its for traction as well.
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

Darn guys, do not tell the world ( including those rice boys) how smart we MX-3ers are!!..{"took a year to find out....)
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

The hold button is GREAT for winter driving... Keeps you in low gear and such. Is this why so many Canadians have them? :) We get ice here MAYBE once a year so I havent got to try it. Oh but last year we had a major winter storm that took out elec. for 4 days and in some place more than 2 weeks. My baby was covered in 3-4 inches of rock solid ice... I love taking photos so yep you guessed it, I got it all on digi film.. Its in my yahoo photo album... Just goto photos.yahoo.com/sircruizer and click on Enid winter storm photos... <P>Ohhh btw, after reading all the cool features on your MX-3, I realized mine is ALL stock. I have no cruise control, power anything, tilt wheel, or that cool crotch vent thingy. :) But it is an automatic!!!! :P
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG><P>Untill you blow up your tranny. Your not suppose to press it at high speeds, you'll tear up your tranny. Its for traction as well.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>o.... thats good to know then.. thx barry
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

yes the one dilema to switching to the mx-6 tranny was the loss of the hold button. Its switched now to "overdrive" and i never use it
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

on the weekend i was riding with my friends stock civic dx,we stopped at a red light by an integra typeR,then when the light turned green my friend floored it,the guy in the integra didnt even we were trying to race,about 4 cars later he relized it cuz my friend put it on drive2 and the engine got realloud so the guy in the heavily modded integra just smoked us.we knew we were getting smoked,we just wanted to test that guys integra.anywayz what does the drive 1 and 2 do?i know its for hills and stuff but will it tear up the tranny as well?
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by williamtauch:<BR><STRONG>on the weekend i was riding with my friends stock civic dx,we stopped at a red light by an integra typeR,then when the light turned green my friend floored it,the guy in the integra didnt even we were trying to race,about 4 cars later he relized it cuz my friend put it on drive2 and the engine got realloud so the guy in the heavily modded integra just smoked us.we knew we were getting smoked,we just wanted to test that guys integra.anywayz what does the drive 1 and 2 do?i know its for hills and stuff but will it tear up the tranny as well?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The drive 1 and 2 force the automatic tranny to hold the lower gears. That is very usefull when driving down mountains, coz you can use the engine as a breake instead of the actual breakes which have a tendency to become overheated at some point. It's also usefull when you want to stay in the lower gears for acceleration :)<BR>Ofcause slamming it into Drive 1 or 2 when driving fast is a Very Bad Idea (TM). Its the same as going 120 in a stick car and then salm it into first or second gear: It can damage the engine.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

my parents 1990 mazda 626 has hold (it was my car it for 4 years :D<P>I live in the niagara region in Ontario Canada and using Hold+S or D kicks arse in winter driving!<p>[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”