'97 bmw 740 il or lexus ls400

Off-Topic Discussions
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: '97 bmw 740 il or lexus ls400

Post by cjthor »

BMW's come standard with full maintenance for 4 years. However the maintinance on the 7 series was over a while ago. And maintenance on an 8 cylinder BMW is not cheap. If you have any other questions on Dinan just let me know!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

believe me ull like the lexus. my friends family has a gs, ls, is, and they are planning on getting a sc430. i love them all :2thumbsup: silky smooth and ergonomic controls and touch screen navis. better than the german navis with knobs to type letters.
M0RDECHA1 MANDELL

Post by M0RDECHA1 MANDELL »

So I grabbed the lex and I will take delivery next week sometime. I am getting the black on black one as to me this is the best combo for the car. I looked at a silver one the other day and it just looked too plain. It doesnt look as luxurious or mean. newayz whats done is done and I am happy. If anyone is in the market for a luxury used sedan pleaz check out the ls400. It is definately worth the money. :D
"They're 2 types of people in this world, people that work for money and people that make money work for them."
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

DINAN will warranty there parts for the same ammount of time as the BMW warranty, they will also cove any damage that occures to you car as a result of a defective dinan part.

If you get a dinan re-coded DME (ECU) however there are service updates and re-calls from BMW for the DME (ECU) that you wont be able to do because you will be erasing the Dinan programing when you re-code the DME with the updated programing.

Any part you replace is no logner covered by the BMW warranty (its covered by Dinan) but the rest of the car is still covered (you change the exhaust, then the water pump fails, the water pump is still covered because the dinan part did not effect its failure).

Just to make sure I would call dinan.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by curtklze:
DINAN will warranty there parts for the same ammount of time as the BMW warranty, they will also cove any damage that occures to you car as a result of a defective dinan part.

If you get a dinan re-coded DME (ECU) however there are service updates and re-calls from BMW for the DME (ECU) that you wont be able to do because you will be erasing the Dinan programing when you re-code the DME with the updated programing.

Any part you replace is no logner covered by the BMW warranty (its covered by Dinan) but the rest of the car is still covered (you change the exhaust, then the water pump fails, the water pump is still covered because the dinan part did not effect its failure).

Just to make sure I would call dinan.
hooray! that's very good news to hear thanks!
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Off-Topic”